Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings close to a deal with former Ravens NT Michael Pierce
Bruiser with super low center of gravity. Almost impossible to move. I do like that some FA signings come out of the blue with no warning, I mean nobody saw this coming and it fills a big need. 

The film Thunder God posted...omg...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Geezus...He must be 6' x 6' x 6'...

[Image: p247rhwmvq201.jpg]

Wow. Seriously surprised by this. You know how there’s guys available and you’re like, naw never happen? 
This is an awesome signing. He’s ridiculously strong. I usually watch a couple of Ravens games a year and he’s a beast. Get me a penetrating DT now and I’ll be in heaven. I actually put the middle of of our dline as a bigger need than CB after last year. Way too many clean pockets. This will go along ways in changing that. This feels very much like when we got Linval coming into his prime. 
Outstanding signing. Still would like a veteran corner before the draft, but this makes it easier to pick one early in the draft. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Outstanding signing. Still would like a veteran corner before the draft, but this makes it easier to pick one early in the draft. 
I think its now an imperative, and we need more than just a warm body out there.

Cinci signed our starting outside and starting slot db's...

CB (imo) is now an even bigger need than 3t. We'll see if that changes between today and end of FA. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I think its now an imperative, and we need more than just a warm body out there.

CB (imo) is now an even bigger need than 3t. We'll see if that changes between today and end of FA. 
Now that we have Don Capers signed, the Vikes just might be more of a 3-4 D.  The value of the 3t may not be as high as when they were stricly a 4-3 lineup.
I would agree they really need DBs now, and I haven't been overly impressed with Hughes either.  WTF Cincy?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Havoc1649 said:

I'm going to disagree. If I've got a 3T collapsing the pocket, I can get away with middle of the road corners. If I have top flight CBs, and the QB has 5 seconds to throw, you lose more than you win.