Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have more than one elephant in the room?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I guess when you make it into the final 4 of the NFC, you need to take a little perspective....and I say this being just as critical as any fan within the bounds of moderate thinking. JMO, but your play calling works when your areas of foundation, like the O-line and D-line, perform at least decently. Otherwise, you can't execute your play-calling very consistently. When a team dominates at the line, you are extremely limited in how you can respond and even IF you can respond. The Vikings were tired, that played a role. Cousins seemed reluctant to pull the trigger a few times, which we've seen happen. Zero run game hurt offensive game calling. Injuries to the secondary hurt.

It was a disappointing game to watch, but I'm not ready to shit on everything (and I'm not saying you are doing that, PF). I think tweaks need to be made and upgrades implemented wherever possible and practical in one off-season. Again, only so much can be done between now and next September but I don't think a ton HAS to be done, either. 

I find myself optimistic after this loss and the season in total.
Good perspective Sticky.  I guess all things considered, I wasn't expecting a miracle Saturday.  We couldn't get the run going against their quick DL and that ruins our offense when the run isn't a threat. 

Hopefully Stef can figure that out, we can get some more talent at on the OL and keep moving forward without major changes.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I guess when you make it into the final 4 of the NFC, you need to take a little perspective....and I say this being just as critical as any fan within the bounds of moderate thinking. JMO, but your play calling works when your areas of foundation, like the O-line and D-line, perform at least decently. Otherwise, you can't execute your play-calling very consistently. When a team dominates at the line, you are extremely limited in how you can respond and even IF you can respond. The Vikings were tired, that played a role. Cousins seemed reluctant to pull the trigger a few times, which we've seen happen. Zero run game hurt offensive game calling. Injuries to the secondary hurt.

It was a disappointing game to watch, but I'm not ready to shit on everything (and I'm not saying you are doing that, PF). I think tweaks need to be made and upgrades implemented wherever possible and practical in one off-season. Again, only so much can be done between now and next September but I don't think a ton HAS to be done, either. 

Good perspective Sticky.  I guess all things considered, I wasn't expecting a miracle Saturday.  We couldn't get the run going against their quick DL and that ruins our offense when the run isn't a threat. 

Hopefully Stef can figure that out, we can get some more talent at on the OL and keep moving forward without major changes.

Dont hold your breath for Stef to work through that one...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Dont hold your breath for Stef to work through that one...
Lol, sorry, didn't see that until after I posted.