Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, that was the most unsatisfying 10 win season I can remember...
Quote: @AGRforever said:
How many here at the begining of the season would have been estatic with a 10-6 record.  Some of yall would bitch if they hung you with a new rope. 
I get what you're saying - but being disappointed at the 6 seed and at being swept by GB and Chicago is not exactly being an eeyore..

[Image: Eeyore_3.jpg]

They won 2 more games than they did last season.

I don’t get too high on this team anymore. They are still my team, but everyone seems to think Super Bowl after each off season. 

Me, I expect the worst and when they make the playoffs I’m ok with it.

I've heard other teams being described at the end of the season as "peaking at the right time" or "they're not a team you want to face in the playoffs."

Neither describe the 2019 Minnesota Vikings.  For once I want to see history made by our guys.

They were, and still are relevant. After Green Bay embarrassed them I don't see them beating anyone in the playoffs. But making the playoffs is an improvement from last year.
I expected a 7-9 season so this year exceeded expectation.

However, the ultimate goal is to win a championship and they sure don't look like champions.

But being relevant all year kept me engaged and interested in the NFL for the full season. So I guess that's likely to be my consolation prize.

In the playoffs and made the season interesting, that was a pro. The hope now is somehow they will play differently for some reason in a big game against a winning team. Not sure why they would do that now because they haven't yet. But that's why I'm a fan, I get to hope for no reason other than the idea of hope. I'm also hopeful that Selma Hayek stop by the house to 'borrow some sugar' while the wife is out of town....and I'm guessing the odds are similar. So there we are. 

How many here at the begining of the season would have been estatic with a 10-6 record.  Some of yall would bitch if they hung you with a new rope. 

I predicted 9 wins :-) so I guess I am ecstatic?
Quote: @mblack said:
9 wins. 

The funny part is you are one of those that were very persimmistic about the team (I was too but my doubts were about the team making the playoffs. However, I gave them 9 wins). So I guess you are talking to yourself?

I thought it was an 11-5 team and if we played starters yesterday they would've ended up that way. I'm still certain, at the top of its game, this team is as good if not better than any team in the NFC. After the GB game, I'm less certain now we're capable of BRINGING our best game when it's needed. 

It's been a snakebit year. A really tough schedule that got harder as it went in terms of the "not who but when" factor. I saw a graphic the other day giving what the seeds would be if every one-score game were flipped. Vikings were the 3 seed. Interestingly enough, the Chargers were the 1 seed in the AFC. Packers didn't make the playoffs. 

Sure, you can pop a cliche and say that "good teams win close games," but that's not always true. Luck plays a big factor in those. Bounces, refs, crossbars.

@AGRforever said:

9 wins. 

The funny part is you are one of those that were very persimmistic about the team (I was too but my doubts were about the team making the playoffs. However, I gave them 9 wins). So I guess you are talking to yourself?
I was pessmistic to open the season. I didnt think we had as good of OL as we ended up having. I figured we wasted money on Barr and Griffen. Turns out it was just Barr. 

Im happy we made the playoffs. I think we’re capable of winning in the playoffs. Green Bay doesnt scare me.  Neither does anyone in the Nfc. Bring them on. 

@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

9 wins. 

Green Bay doesnt scare me.  
Thats good, I think the only way we face them again is Championship game.

Let me think about that for a second.
MN vs GB to go to super Bowl

I pick the refs to win that game 99 out of 100 times.
Maybe 2019 is the 1 time!

I'l stick to my belief.

The NFL wants the team who won SB 1
to also win the NFL's 100th season SB.