Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, that was the most unsatisfying 10 win season I can remember...
And I've been watching this team since the Met days  :/

I'm not sure I'd say unsatisfying, because the season isn't over yet. We could still pull a rabbit out of a hat.
... but I do agree in that we beat a lot of bad teams and lost to a lot of good ones. From that standpoint, it's hard to see how we are definitively improved from last year. Aside from a mostly healthy Dalvin, it's actually pretty easy to say we aren't much improved at all. Kirk and the OL have played better, but the D has been a little worse. Kicking has been better, but returns have been worse.
A playoff berth puts this team over the top but an upset win would be awesome!!

It has definitely been a weird season. There are pros and cons. Some good things on offense and concerns too. Definitely issues on defense that have been exposed. Of course there is the OL too. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I've never really seen fans so polarized by this "win or I don't really give a shit" thing that seems to be going on right now.

I've never really seen fans crown this team so hard pre-season that games are reduced to "we were supposed to win" and "see we fucking suck."

(I called my buddy and asked him if he was going to watch tonight's matchup to see who we were going to play against. He says we suck and that he's watching the friggen MLB Network!)

A few key losses doesn't set a 10 win season ablaze for me, and like pattersaur says, the story of this 10 win season isn't even over... 

How many here at the begining of the season would have been estatic with a 10-6 record.  Some of yall would bitch if they hung you with a new rope. 

The season ended on such a flat, uninspiring note. I would have preferred losing the first 6 and fighting our way into the wild card versus locking up the spot two weeks ago.

Regardless of injuries, is this team excited going on the road?  We'll soon see.

I'm sorry you had to pay for a third preseason game.

I think if we win that first game vs GB and its a completely different season...the two game home losing streak also leaves a sour taste...Cook fading, Thielen being injured, Zim not getting the most out of the D...Not exactly firing on all 8 at this point or any point this year...

Maybe we shock the 3 seed...but, even then I have seen nothing I can hang my hat on for a sustained run...

[Image: ycdfcdxv1eb4.jpeg]
I agree @purplefaithful...!

On a positive note we wont be playing on Monday night

It's a team that doesn't realize it's potential in critical games.  The HC's act has gotten stale.   The QB is what he is.  Just a lot of "meh" that somehow found enough patsies to beat to make its way to 10-6.  But hard to find a single game you can point to and say they beat a good team and showed their potential.