Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty good breakdown of our playoff hopes
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Akvike said:
Go back and look at that tweet 11 sec. in is the top of the drop in the first of the two pics.  The safeties still haven't committed to any break so I don't think the throw is there yet.  Look at te backside photo---you can see the safeties feet still set, you can't tell if he's leaning on theu nder route or backing out to cover the post. 
Not that I really care much about this, but I disagree. If Rodgers steps up in the pocket and throws it's an easy completion to either Allison over the middle or a TD to Lazard on the post. The safety was frozen between so he couldn't have gotten to either ball in time. I agree with Fennell on this. Rodgers gave up on the pass too soon.
With his arm, yes either throw is there.  But he held it because it is what he does. 
You are blinded by your hatred of the Packers to give Rodgers his due. Its one of the things you and I don't agree about vehemently. Rodgers is elite. He elevates. And if you think he's not going to the Hall of Fame, you're crazy. The stats are there. He's won a Superbowl. He's been a MVP. 

The Vikings nor any of their QBs have done shit. That's the bottom line. 
You doth protest too much.

Never said he wasn't elite or going to the HOF.  But if you pay attention over the years, he struggles when he has too much "control" in the offense.  He will hold the ball looking for hero plays, which was the extent of my criticism here.

He did it early in with McCarthy, then late as well which led to MM getting fired.  It led to him getting hurt by Barr.  And has plagued him under the new staff as well.

That was what this tweet was about as well.  Holding the ball trying to play the hero.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Akvike said:
Go back and look at that tweet 11 sec. in is the top of the drop in the first of the two pics.  The safeties still haven't committed to any break so I don't think the throw is there yet.  Look at te backside photo---you can see the safeties feet still set, you can't tell if he's leaning on theu nder route or backing out to cover the post. 
Not that I really care much about this, but I disagree. If Rodgers steps up in the pocket and throws it's an easy completion to either Allison over the middle or a TD to Lazard on the post. The safety was frozen between so he couldn't have gotten to either ball in time. I agree with Fennell on this. Rodgers gave up on the pass too soon.
With his arm, yes either throw is there.  But he held it because it is what he does. 
You are blinded by your hatred of the Packers to give Rodgers his due. Its one of the things you and I don't agree about vehemently. Rodgers is elite. He elevates. And if you think he's not going to the Hall of Fame, you're crazy. The stats are there. He's won a Superbowl. He's been a MVP. 

Never said he wasn't elite or going to the HOF.  But if you pay attention over the years, he struggles when he has too much "control" in the offense.  He will hold the ball looking for hero plays, which was the extent of my criticism here.

He did it early in with McCarthy, then late as well which led to MM getting fired.  It led to him getting hurt by Barr.  And has plagued him under the new staff as well.

That was what this tweet was about as well.  Holding the ball trying to play the hero.
Holding the ball trying to make a play. When you say 'hero', that's a negative connotation in that context. Its what he's always done. He's dangerous moving around, buying time. I mean, he's got 23 TDs and only 2 INTs. His team is 10-3. He's at his historical completion percentage and QB rate this season. Its nitpicky.

Listen, I hate him as I do any other Packer, but he's one of the few QBs that you can't ever count out. 

@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Akvike said:

Holding the ball trying to make a play. When you say 'hero', that's a negative connotation in that context. Its what he's always done. He's dangerous moving around, buying time. I mean, he's got 23 TDs and only 2 INTs. His team is 10-3. He's at his historical completion percentage and QB rate this season. Its nitpicky.

Listen, I hate him as I do any other Packer, but he's one of the few QBs that you can't ever count out. 
Everyone's aware of how good Aaron Rodgers is/has been/will be again. The point is that not many seem to be aware that, for two seasons now, he just hasn't been the same. He's had three brilliant games this year and a couple where he was just Godawful. The rest of the games he's been surprisingly mediocre. Against San Francisco, for example, he threw the ball 35 times and generated only 161 yards. Against San Diego he dropped back 38 times and generated 66 total net yards. 

@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Akvike said:

It isn't just me casting aspersions on a hated packer.  MB who is one of the best football minds on here posted the tweets.  The twitter guy breaks it down. 

He is very dangerous when he moves around buying time.  And he receives many accolades for his ability to make the huge play and can dagger a team with that ability.  But it also a negative for him.  He seems to overlook the drive continuing short ball because he wants it all in one chunk.  He will take a sack, fumble the ball or otherwise just kill the drive at times because he won't take what is there. 

So he is dangerous to both teams.

Interesting, encouraging or frightening....depending on your perspective....

https://twitter.com/andybehrens/status/1...22274?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
Why does it sound like a Zulgad piece?  Minnesota writers always have such a negative slant.
Clinging, far from secure
I actually read that as encouraging. The thing that stands out to me is that even if we lose one more, the only thing that needs to happen for us to still make the playoffs is the Rams need to also lose once (@DAL@SF, vs ARI). So the odds are definitely in our favor. For whatever that's worth.  

Really love to see the Bears beat the Packers and the Vikings win in LA. That makes that Xmas Eve's Eve game against the yellow team a title game. Man, I'm nervous already. 

This is what I'm hoping for...We'll know a lot more by bedtime tonight. Division pretty much lost if chips dont fall right today. 

Too bad we didnt win one more along the way. That @ GB is still in my craw a bit.

Maybe the Bears will come through big time? Not counting on it though. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@FessVike said:
I refuse to click on any article from Zughead or Cronin. Jughead is a packer fan nor sure what her problem is. But they are always snarky and negative to the Vikings. Just report the damn facts, I will can decide on my own what to think about the Vikings.
Zulgag can't even write about a win without focusing on negatives.  I like to enjoy my wins, so not sure who his target audience is.

I prefer to enjoy the wins, too, but reading message boards sometimes makes it seems like I'm in the minority

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
Why does it sound like a Zulgad piece?  Minnesota writers always have such a negative slant.
I actually read that as encouraging. The thing that stands out to me is that even if we lose one more, the only thing that needs to happen for us to still make the playoffs is the Rams need to also lose once (@DAL@SF, vs ARI). So the odds are definitely in our favor. For whatever that's worth.  

Really love to see the Bears beat the Packers and the Vikings win in LA. That makes that Xmas Eve's Eve game against the yellow team a title game. Man, I'm nervous already. 

This is what I'm hoping for...We'll know a lot more by bedtime tonight. Division pretty much lost if chips dont fall right today. 

Too bad we didnt win one more along the way. That @ GB is still in my craw a bit.

And this one....Talk about a game the Vikings should've won. Seemed EVERY SINGLE play of consequence determined by an inch or a bounce went against us. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:

And this one....Talk about a game the Vikings should've won. Seemed EVERY SINGLE play of consequence determined by an inch or a bounce went against us. 

If the Vikings miss the Playoffs or go 1 & Done this game will be the reason why. Shit Coaching job. Barely blitzed a backup journeyman QB who was out of the League last year.  Ignored what NE, HOU, IND and other teams did and hardly doubled Hill & Kelce and stayed in Zone. Stefanski only gave Elf 7 double teams against Chris Jones the entire game. 

Lazy, shitty Coaching that game with zero adjustments. 2 and forever late in the game and Mike rushes 3 and still gives up the chunk play to Kelce. 

On the positive side there's been a lot more opponent-specific gameplans since then and in-game adjustments. Coaches are human and collectively were terrible against KC. Glad they have bounced back since then.