Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is running this country?
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Its Dipshit Central in the White House currently. The infuriating part is are we really going to be stuck with Trump vs. Biden again? Ridiculous. But I will not vote for Biden again, fuck that. I never really voted for him, I voted against Trump (and I'm Republican).....won't happen again. Bring on the ol' pussy grabber if I'm forced to pick between these two assholes.
I am afraid that the damage has been done and the runaway freight train that is our govt/US political situation cant be stopped regardless of who is in charge.  I've done a pretty good job of staying away from the rabbit hole shit that pops up on social media every day,  but damn its hard to ignore all the smoke around the FBI and some of the other agencies that appear to have been corrupted.  Even if Trump were to somehow get elected ( I dont think it will be allowed to happen)  If he has no support from either major party,  he wont get shit done and will likely spend his term fighting off trumped up charges and accusations.  4 more years of fuckery and I think we are done as world super power,  the others are moving forward and we are to busy corrupting/fighting ourselves to keep up. ( which I believe is by design )
The simple truth no matter what is that we as a country can't support the current corruption and lying that's going on.  I know Trump isn't the perfect candidate, but they've thrown everything they can possibly throw at him, and he's still standing.  They fear him, which tells me that he's probably the best guy for the job.  Let's face it, whoever the Republican nominee is is going to be made into Satan by the media.  Hell, they did it to Mitt Romney who might as well be a democrat.  Harry Reid acknowledged that he just made up lies about him so he wouldn't be elected.  A lot of honor in the hallowed halls of power.

I would argue that it’s less important to know which person
you (do or don’t) support, and more important to know which ideas you (do or
don’t) support and how to hold your politicians accountable.

I won’t pretend that I know how to do that, but I feel very
confident that people who vote for the “lesser of two evils” are giving their parties
candidate no incentive to vote for what they want.  How change happens in Washington is by threatening
people that you are not going to vote for them or what they want.  If you always vote one party, why should they
care what you want, you’ll vote for them anyway.  I think voting 3rd party is a no
brainer first step.  I think messaging
your politician and their opponents that you will vote for them if they do X, Y, and Z and that you
will definitely not vote for them if they do U, V, or W is a solid next step.  Your vote is for sale if they vote appropriately.

Quote: @"medaille" said:

confident that people who vote for the “lesser of two evils” are giving their parties
candidate no incentive to vote for what they want.  How change happens in Washington is by threatening
people that you are not going to vote for them or what they want.  If you always vote one party, why should they
care what you want, you’ll vote for them anyway.  I think voting 3rd party is a no
your politician and their opponents that you will vote for them if they do X, Y, and Z and that you
will definitely not vote for them if they do U, V, or W is a solid next step.  Your vote is for sale if they vote appropriately.
Solid thinking here and many would agree. But getting people to actually do it in the numbers necessary is a dream. A Herculean effort that just won't happen because the $$$$ doesn't want it to. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"medaille" said:

Solid thinking here and many would agree. But getting people to actually do it in the numbers necessary is a dream. A Herculean effort that just won't happen because the $$$$ doesn't want it to. 
And it's going to take a person that is fucally conservative but socially liberal,   with a strong case for USA first and self dependence without making it sound like they are out to get anybody on welfare or gutting programs like SS and Healthcare.    Oh yeah,  and indepently wealthy with a clean closet on how that wealth was obtained.    You find this person....and they will be smart enough not to want the job, because who wants to deal with the swamp that goes along with it?

I think I will live to see another succession attempt in the US.  I don't call for it, but the way things are going I don't see it being avoided.