Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...Trumplestilskin is Skipping the Debate. SHOCKER!
Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Give him a break, he has bone spurs.
Whilst you're throwing bon-mots.....Have you worn our country's uniform, VO?  Stood a post?
(and that goes also for your fellow chucklers, Zanary & BigAl?)

Pardon me, if you have. 

You see, I don't mind criticism from those who served....criticism, earned. 

I have.  Took the USN officer oath of my free volition, AFTER earning a doctorate, of which I owed nothing to Uncle Sam. 
My older brother drove an M-1 Abrams tank, in harms way, in theater...in Iraq. (way more, than I did).  Highly decorated. 
My father stood a post as a CPO USN, during Vietnam & Korean conflicts.  His father died during WWII.  

So...VO....whilst your casting stones....your military CV? 

Actually, I don't think it was the bone spurs that prevented him from debating -- I am guessing he was in the steam room losing those last stubborn pounds so he could move from 240 pounds to his 215 pound mug shot weight.  
bone spurs kept him from serving, not debating.  
try to keep up with your own delusions

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Did you want to hear him talk?
I am sure he would have bitched about it if he had... classic case of TDS.

on a side note,  what are peoples thoughts on Rasaswamy?

This is coming from a citizen desperately wanting to find a candidate not named Biden or Trump....

I question the depth of Rasaswamy - I just hear too much parroting of Trump. I dont think he's strategic enough to win an election. 

The next Potus is going to win off their base (which wont change sides if their lives depended on it)

AND is going to woo the decisive swing voters in suburbs. I just dont see another candidate breaking through besides two old fucks, who shouldn't be allowed to run for POTUS at their age. 

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Whilst you're throwing bon-mots.....Have you worn our country's uniform, VO?  Stood a post?

Pardon me, if you have. 

I have.  Took the USN officer oath of my free volition, AFTER earning a doctorate, of which I owed nothing to Uncle Sam. 
My older brother drove an M-1 Abrams tank, in harms way, in theater...in Iraq. (way more, than I did).  Highly decorated. 
My father stood a post as a CPO USN, during Vietnam & Korean conflicts.  His father died during WWII.  

Actually, I don't think it was the bone spurs that prevented him from debating -- I am guessing he was in the steam room losing those last stubborn pounds so he could move from 240 pounds to his 215 pound mug shot weight.  
bone spurs kept him from serving, not debating.  
try to keep up with your own delusions
You know I am trying to add a little humor to this discussion, right?  And what right do you the compunction to critique my humor if you have never done stand-up.  (I would have done stand-up but my bone spurs prevent me from standing for long periods of time).

Frankly, by your analysis, what gives Trump the right to criticize those who served, let alone lead them?    To use your words, "what gives TRUMP any compunction to opine on others who did serve such as McCain, Gold Star families and those who died during WW2?"

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
We'd all like to pull our troops home and have less widespread military money drains...

...until the question comes up: who takes over the maritime security (we do a TON of that, worldwide), who keeps the presence that anchors NATO and our other treaties, and who takes over the ability to operate globally, quickly?

Yeah, others should do more, but the truth is: for all our flaws, who else would anyone trust to do it?
And we do it all on our kids fraudulently obtained credit card. 

Theres either going to be a power vacuum because we let the world step up and help or because we get forced to when the dollar is worthless. 

Id rather we do that now and protect our own then later. The world is a big place. Tell everyone else to put tgeir big boy pants on. 

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:

Pardon me, if you have. 

Thanks for your service... and free rent! 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Zanary" said:
We'd all like to pull our troops home and have less widespread military money drains...

...until the question comes up: who takes over the maritime security (we do a TON of that, worldwide), who keeps the presence that anchors NATO and our other treaties, and who takes over the ability to operate globally, quickly?

Yeah, others should do more, but the truth is: for all our flaws, who else would anyone trust to do it?

Theres either going to be a power vacuum because we let the world step up and help or because we get forced to when the dollar is worthless. 

Id rather we do that now and protect our own then later. The world is a big place. Tell everyone else to put tgeir big boy pants on. 
Power Vacuum could be far worse than let Europe battle their own battles. Worlds too small now. 

Careful or you could be forced to eat lots of dogs, kimchi, curry and chow mein...

Edit: and I do luv me some kimchi, curry and chow mein lol!! 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Zanary" said:

See...here's the problem with that.  Just backing out would be VERY Darwinian for a great many people, the results catastrophic until whatever the "new order" is takes place.

The words thrown around fail to do much for the real lives involved.

I'd just like to congratulate, at the same time, Tucker "putin fluffer extraordinaire" for blaming the angst toward Russia as "hatred toward them being a Christian Nation".

WOW...I mean, with his Sunkist Savior always insisting on Vlad's qualities and now MotherTucker is whining while calling out the "Christianity" of a country that's over 18 months into a rape/murder spree...

...it's like Vladdy-boi is the subject of a whacko season of "the Bachelor", with Tuck and Don fighting for the murderer's rose....

Harvard/Harris IA polling:  
Dear Google, is Harvard/Harris, legit? or biased?  
A: founded by Louis Harris, based in Chicago, and is  currently chaired by Hillary Clinton's pollster, Mark Penn.  No bias noted. 

As of 8h ago,  nationally, Trump leads Biden, by 1. (here we go, again)

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1...4923424907

Recently and maybe more importantly, Trump has an 18pt advantage (over Biden) amongst Independents. 
Trump's lead amongst 

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1...5260544000

As to the OP, and OrangeMan skipping...the clear winner seemed to be Ramaswamy. 
Like DJT, Ramaswamy is the ONLY non-swamp/non-politician candidate, running.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12439783/Vivek-Ramaswamy-beats-Ron-DeSantis-best-performance-tops-Donald-Trump-real-winner-poll-Republican-debate.html

AMAZING. 
4 indictments (lol) and Trump still leads, nationally.  

And this:  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/28/biden-voters-age

Interesting times, ahead.  

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:

You know I am trying to add a little humor to this discussion, right?  And what right do you the compunction to critique my humor if you have never done stand-up.  (I would have done stand-up but my bone spurs prevent me from standing for long periods of time).

No, you're not trying to add humor, your being derisive.  And you know it.  Confirmed by your "humorous" steam-bath comments, subsequent.  

Frankly, by your analysis, what gives Trump the right to criticize those who served, let alone lead them? 

Who has Trump criticized?  Other than McCain/"gold star families" (actually only one, Kzir Khan) 

To use your words, "what gives TRUMP any compunction to opine on others who did serve such as McCain, Gold Star families and those who died during WW2?"

Trump's criticism of Democrat John McCain, was out of bounds.  Said so, at the time. 

"Gold Star families"?  LOL, give me a break.  You're talking about Khzer Khan, Gold Star father that drew 'first blood' at the DNC convention.  
Even the middle of the road "the Hill" agreed:  https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/289932-khizer-khan-was-tricked-into-smearing-donald-trump/