Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubiak Speaks

You know, Kubiak is just a really smart guy that loves working with his kid and has zero interest to be a head coach again. Its perfect for Zimmer and the Vikings. Stefanski is going to get a shot as a HC because of his learnings from Kubiak. He seems relaxed and like he is really enjoying himself in Minnesota.

It would almost be nice to see Stefanski stick around for another year and then have Zimmer sqy he was going to step down and retire or say that he just wanted to focus on defensive coordinator and step down.  i guess that’s in a perfect world.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
You know, Kubiak is just a really smart guy that loves working with his kid and has zero interest to be a head coach again. Its perfect for Zimmer and the Vikings. Stefanski is going to get a shot as a HC because of his learnings from Kubiak. He seems relaxed and like he is really enjoying himself in Minnesota.
Yep, like I said the day it happened, getting Kubiak was a coup. It was exactly what we needed for our young OC, exactly what Zimmer wanted (a commitment to the run and a proven record for doing so), a perfect fit for Cook and playing more zone concepts. And, as you point out, the fact that he doesn't want to be a HC, means we might be able to keep him for a while.

We were so lucky he became available. The timing could not have been more perfect.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Yep, like I said the day it happened, getting Kubiak was a coup. It was exactly what we needed for our young OC, exactly what Zimmer wanted (a commitment to the run and a proven record for doing so), a perfect fit for Cook and playing more zone concepts. And, as you point out, the fact that he doesn't want to be a HC, means we might be able to keep him for a while.

We were so lucky he became available. The timing could not have been more perfect.
And it will be a steadying factor if we do lose Stef.  Hopefully we keep him for another year or so, but if we do lose him, then Klint K will be in line and hopefully keep the train a chugging.

KS and Paton are the future leaders of this team; on the field, in the front office...

Biggest positive move the Vikings did was signing Kubiak and Co.   

The offense has won games in 2019 they lost in 2018.  The entire offense has improved.

I wanna see how Zim and the defense plays from here on out. How much can they improve in the next  weeks?

Kubiak really seems to be enjoying what he is doing. That is a beautiful thing. He seems excited by the growth and development of the team and the coaching staff. It's good for Zimmer to have a peer near his age group too because they can share a lot of personal and professional experiences. That is one of the many things he may have missed when Coach Sparano passed away. It's great that Kubiak gets to watch his son work as well. It was fun to see them together at training camp. There are some good bonds there. I think Kubiak and Cousins have some commonalities as far as style and approach too.

Kubiak also seems to respect his position and not over step his bounds witb Stefanski or Zimmer.  He seemed un-committed about the future.  Hope he feels at home snd puts in another year with us.
Kind of like when people would ask Bud Grant for his opinion except not so dated.  I suspect Bud just comes into the office for the coffee and doughnuts now.

Gary Kubiak Not Interested In HC Jobs

November 19th, 2019 at 7:28pm CST by Rory Parks

Vikings assistant head coach/offensive advisor Gary Kubiak has no interest in returning to the head coaching ranks, as Chad Graff of The Athletic tweets. “That’s not for me anymore,” Kubiak said.

[Image: Gary-Kubiakaaaa-200x300.jpg]

That doesn’t come as a major surprise, given that Kubiak stepped down from his last head coaching job with the Broncos due to health concerns, and his health was also an issue during the latter stages of his tenure as the Texans’ HC. However, he is on the sidelines for the first time since the 2016 campaign — he served as a senior personnel advisor for the Broncos during the 2017-18 seasons — and it was fair to wonder if he was getting the head coaching itch again.

On the other hand, Kubiak could return to an offensive coordinator role at some point. He was mentioned as a viable OC candidate following the 2017 season, and he was expected to accept the OC job with the Broncos after they hired Vic Fangio as head coach this year. But Kubiak and the Broncos couldn’t see eye-to-eye on staffing and offensive philosophies, which led him to take his current post in Minnesota.

And while he is obviously not solely responsible for the Vikings’ offensive output his year, the club’s performance is not hurting his reputation as an offensive guru. Minnesota currently ranks ninth in the league in yards-per-game and eighth in points-per-game, and quarterback Kirk Cousins is having a career year. So if Kubiak still wants an OC job, he may just get it.