Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's Overreaction/Not Overreaction Monday
[Image: min.png&h=110&w=110]The Vikings will win the NFCMinnesota Vikings had the most breathtaking victory of the Sunday afternoon games, as it trailed 20-0 at halftime but came back to beat the Broncos 27-23. It was the kind of game you look back on if you end up having a magical season -- a game that tells you you're never out of it, that you're capable of winning no matter what.
The Vikings improved to 8-3, still a half-game behind the first-place Packers (who beat them in Week 2) in the NFC North. They've won six of their past seven, with the only loss during that stretch a three-point squeaker in Kansas City.
The verdict: NOT AN OVERREACTION. Again, it's tough out here in these NFC streets, where the Niners, Saints, Seahawks and Packers all still have better records than Minnesota's. But this Vikings team deserves to be counted among the top NFC contenders.
The Vikings came back to beat Dallas last week without top wideout Adam Thielen and top defensive tackle Linval Joseph. They run the ball as well as anyone. They stop the run as well as anyone (just ask Ezekiel Elliott). The Vikings have a bye next week, and if they can get healthy during that time, they're poised to attack a December schedule that starts with a trip to Seattle and offers a Dec. 23 chance for revenge against the Packers at home, where they have yet to lose in five games this season.

NFC North it says - one step at a time  Wink

Despite the Vikings issues with giving up big plays in the passing game and an inconsistent pass rush (which tend to go hand in hand)...  they have the look of a Super Bowl contender. 

Every year you can look at the NFL playoffs and the teams that typically go the furthest are balanced on both sides of the ball...  top 10 offenses to go with top 10 defenses. 

Despite us fans getting too deep into the weeds with our team's flaws, they Vikings are balanced on both sides of the ball. Add in the fact that the Vikings also are very sound on special teams (this last game not withstanding)...  they are a legit contender. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Despite the Vikings issues with giving up big plays in the passing game and an inconsistent pass rush (which tend to go hand in hand)...  they have the look of a Super Bowl contender. 

Every year you can look at the NFL playoffs and the teams that typically go the furthest are balanced on both sides of the ball...  top 10 offenses to go with top 10 defenses. 

Despite us fans getting too deep into the weeds with our team's flaws, they Vikings are balanced on both sides of the ball. Add in the fact that the Vikings also are very sound on special teams (this last game not withstanding)...  they are a legit contender. 
One more thing. The offense has demonstrated an ability to win running or throwing the ball. So if the defense takes away one or the other, they can still win. The Vikings offense hasn't had that capability for some time.
Just need the defense to pull their weight and they will be contenders, instead of pretenders.

Ive been ass raped by the Vikings so many times that the whistle could go off at 0:00 in the 4th of a super bowl with the Vikings leading and I still wouldnt be sure the won. 

Championship teams are made in late November and December.  While sitting at 8-3 is a nice place, not fading away late in the season is even better.  It's been a pretty fun season so far; not perfect, but better than I expected.  We'll soon find out if we're really contenders or not.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Championship teams are made in late November and December.  While sitting at 8-3 is a nice place, not fading away late in the season is even better.  It's been a pretty fun season so far; not perfect, but better than I expected.  We'll soon find out if we're really contenders or not.
I'll give you that.  I thought we were a 9-7 or 10-6 team.  We'd have to screw the pooch pretty hard to end there. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:

I would say the punt return job scares me at this point.  Wish we would have held onto sherels.  Hughes isn't making good decisions back there.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Ive been ass raped by the Vikings so many times that the whistle could go off at 0:00 in the 4th of a super bowl with the Vikings leading and I still wouldnt be sure the won. 
I'd definitely be looking for a flag!!

The Vikings have never succeeded as front runners.

Sounds odd, but I like that this team is relevant but not favored. I've always believed if they were to win the Superbowl it would be as an underdog and not a #1 or #2 seed.