Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EG mum if he'll opt out of contract after this season...
Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen had no comment Sunday on whether he will exercise an option after the season to opt out of his contract and become a free agent. 
When Griffen restructured his contract last March, language was inserted allowing him to void the final three years of his deal if he has six or more sacks this season or is in for 57 percent of the team’s plays. 
Griffen entered Sunday’s 27-23 win over Denver at U.S. Bank Stadium with six sacks and picked up another. He also is assured of reaching the 57-percent threshold. He entered Sunday’s game having played 575 of the team’s 654 snaps for 87.9 percent, and is now well over 600 plays. 
Griffen agreed to take a pay cut last March from $10.9 million to a base salary of $6.4 million or else he would have been cut. He is on the books for base salaries of $12.9 million in 2020, $13.4 million in 2021 and $14.9 million. 
A source said the most likely scenario is Griffen and the Vikings reach a deal next March on a restructured contract. However, Griffen could end up leaving the team if that’s what he wants. 
Griffen turns 32 on Dec. 22. However, he has looked good this season, bouncing back from last year, when he missed five games due to a mental health issue. 
“He comes out there and he does what he needs to do,” said Vikings defensive end Danielle Hunter. “He’s playing great. I’m happy for him. If he keeps doing what he needs to do, he’s going to help us out on the defensive line winning some games.’’
https://www.twincities.com/2019/11/17/vi...er-season/

'Everson. Hi. We played like shit buddy. Any chance you will opt-out of your contract?!'

lol... I guess I don't understand the timing of this issue? Tough win in the middle of the season but some woke offseason warrior has to get ahead of the game I guess! 

$41 million over the next 3 years...at 32 I'm wondering how much better the open market will be? 

Eh whatever. Seriously, I love Griffen but yeah he is going to do whatever he wants.

Now, if I could get Geno Atkins for that money...

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
'Everson. Hi. We played like shit buddy. Any chance you will opt-out of your contract?!'

lol... I guess I don't understand the timing of this issue? Tough win in the middle of the season but some woke offseason warrior has to get ahead of the game I guess! 

"Wouldn't comment" so I guess it wasn't Everson who brought it up. Reporters who ask questions like this after an emotional game  should be kicked in the ass.    

I will be more surprised if they actually bring him back one more year. 

Quote: @"muydnbejydk" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:

"Wouldn't comment" so I guess it wasn't Everson who brought it up. Reporters who ask questions like this after an emotional game  should be kicked in the ass.    

Yea that's more what I'm sayin' lol. Who's comes off that win thinking about confronting players about their contracts/future here? It's so out of left field...

If you had to guess one reporter that would ask such a tactless
question, you would be correct in who you guessed.

I don’t know how Chris Tom(ass)on still has a job.  Is there any player that is dumb enough to
answer that honestly midseason?