Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The $1,000,000 question heading into the break...
Does XR lose his top spot on the depth chart?

That one will keep Zimm up at night.

He'll have to look at the tape and gets things fixed.

Yes, I went there.

Rhodes is a liability.  

The real question should be why should we still trust Zimmer? It used to be he couldn't get the team up to play a team with a winning record in a nationally televised game. Now that they've won a game like that for a change they can't even get up for a Home Game against a shit opponent  

The Zim-lovers are going to try and talk up Denver. Whatever. 3-6 entering the game with a backup QB. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Broncos end the season with 5 wins.

This looked like a flat team with yet another week of no opponent-specific gameplanning. Reiff was iso'd on Miller way too many times. Took an entire half to go to the hurry-up. No blitzing when the D-Line laid yet another egg during the 1st Half.

And how many times has Minnesota come out of a bye or an extended week and looked completely flat and unprepared?

History tells us to expect a Mike Zimmer coached team to come off a bye, go on the road against a team with a winning record in a nationally televised game, and get in a hole right away. 

But now they look flat and unprepared against a shitty team at home in non-nationally televised game too? Good teams are used to winning games against other good teams and don't come out flat at home the next week like they have a Superbowl hangover. 

I said after the Cowboys game that Minnesota will only go far with Aggressive Coaching. On both sides of the ball. One way to be Aggressive is to have opponent-specific gameplans and having the guts to make in-game adjustments in the first damn half. Neither of those things happened today and it nearly cost them.

He's not playing well.  I think our secondary is getting hung out to dry too often with our non-existent pass rush though.

Griffen and Hunter did NOT have the impact I thought they would this game.  Allen had way too much time most of the game. 

I'd say starting the second half in no huddle was an aggressive and not seen before adjustment...

Zim is the CB whisperer, but the message in at least one case is falling on deaf ears...wonder how many cases of wine it would take to get Terrance Newman in the building as a consultant/future replacement for Jerry Gray?

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
He's not playing well.  I think our secondary is getting hung out to dry too often with our non-existent pass rush though.

Griffen and Hunter did NOT have the impact I thought they would this game.  Allen had way too much time most of the game. 
Inside push on pass rush is nonexistent.  Hunter & Griffen can't do it alone.  Secondary can't cover long enough like you said.  Need Linval and Ant both healthy, also should start rotating Rhodes out more.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'd say starting the second half in no huddle was an aggressive and not seen before adjustment...

Zim is the CB whisperer, but the message in at least one case is falling on deaf ears...wonder how many cases of wine it would take to get Terrance Newman in the building as a consultant/future replacement for Jerry Gray?
 didnt see your Stevie Wonder thread before this one...

Absolutely the pass rush is a big issue and it will cost em a game or 2 against a really good QB. And we have a few of those left this season. 

I'm not on Jerry Gray's asz yet, I do think there are some big pix stuff (like DL) and rule changes that are hampering things. That said, XR has fallen off the cliff. Kinda sad actually. 

Is the non-existent pass rush the result of declining talent or the result of declining coaching/planning?

Quote: @"Hidalgo" said:
Is the non-existent pass rush the result of declining talent or the result of declining coaching/planning?
Both.