Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Prospect At This Time
Assuming we pick mid 20s, I have to go with Leatherwood or Kinlaw...Leatherwood has position flexibility and could replace Reiff a year down the line... Kinlaw gives us an interior push the D needs badly...

I'd be fine with either one of those picks. 

Kinlaw and following it up with Niang or Prince Wanogho...we need a guy named Prince...

I would consider cornerback.  

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
I would consider cornerback.  
Hughes and Mac on the Outside, Hill as the Nickel and sign a Slot CB in FA and you get better production for half what Rhodes and Waynes cost.

The Pass Rush stinks. Even a Seconday of All Dieon Sanders can't cover forever. Mac has moxie and only played Outside at Clemson. Hughes is growing at twice the rate Wayne's did.

But you can see how Hunter is struggling with zero pass rushing threat next to him. 

Kinlaw is great at rushing the passer and stopping the run, something Minnesota hasn't had since Williams.

Maybe the stats will tell a different story, sure doesn't feel like anywhere near the D it was in 15-17. 

I agree with others, it starts up front too...

Even the DE's are not consistently getting there - they really need an inside push. Is what it is this year. 

agreed. need interior pass rusher.  draft a CB in thr 3rd, OL in the second

Hill-Hughes-Mac-Rookie and a vet CB (Scandrick, Claiborne, a Newman type) will be just as good at half the cost of Rhodes and Waynes

Adding Kinlaw, or another 3T, who can collapse the interior will make the whole backend and the DEs better...

Regardless, Rhodes is done...wheels are completely off...

I'd start Mac and Hughes, bring in Hill and slide Mac inside in the nickel...Boyd might be a decent 4th...

Our cap situation gets much better without contract heavy performance light CBs...