Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick it - Vikes host Mules!
[Image: BYhJm_yCAAElQro.jpg]All Viking arrows are pointing upwards after holding off that late drive of the Cowpies last Sunday night.  It was fantastic the way the run D stuffed Zeke's face.  I didn't see his "feed me" BS once as he had his fill of Zim's run D.  How about the way both our RBs blasted through that Dallas D?  That just shut up the entire "America's Team" home crowd, and we Viking fans all loved it.  Cousins had a nice game, but he didn't have to carry the team; which is a good thing.
Now we're back home, but hopefully this team doesn't relax.  I'm hoping so see the Vikes shut down the run game again this week.  That would place the ball in their inexperienced QB hands to throw often.   I don't fear the Denver offense, but it's their D that the Vikings will have to respect.  I'm thinking they will too.  Should be an interesting game, but I expect the Vikes pull away in the 4th.
Vikings: 24Donkeys: 10

24-17 Norse

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
24-17 Norse
Are you in Minny for the game, V83?  I'll be in the Cities, but it's not going to workout for me to attend.  Going to a house party Sunday to watch with friends - that will be loads of fun too.
Have a great time - SKOL!

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Vanguard83 said:
24-17 Norse
Are you in Minny for the game, V83?  I'll be in the Cities, but it's not going to workout for me to attend.  Going to a house party Sunday to watch with friends - that will be loads of fun too.
Have a great time - SKOL!
Yes.  Nichelle was kind enough to extend an invite to us for tailgating.

Can't hardly wait.   Been a Vikes fan since I was a kid in the '70's, have gone to every West Coast game I could get to, but never made the pilgrimage to a home game.  My daughter surprised me & her brother with flights / hotel / game tix.

You're going to have a total blast.

The Vikings don't play 'em often but it still feels odd that the last time they beat them was sixteen years ago with Daunte, Moss, K. Campbell, Burleson, Kleinsasser, Moe & SoD...  I feel pretty good about them changing that and guess...  30-17

Vikings  30

Broncos  16

What I don't like: 
1. Chris Harris vs. Diggs. Harris will likely shadow Diggs. Don't expect much from Diggs in this one
2. Their pass rush vs. our offensive line. I think the passing yards will be tough to come by in this one
3. Their run defense is better than I thought. If you take away a terrible game against Fournette (225 yards) they would be near the top of the league in run defense, and they've been playing a lot better lately. 
4. Vic Fangio's defenses have given us fits the last several years. 
5. Running wide right. Teams average 1 yard per carry going to Miller's side
6. Courtland Sutton against our corners

What I like:
1. Our pass rush, at home, against a young QB making his first ever road start. Brandon Allen is known for seeing ghosts, taking off from clean pockets. I expect a few turnovers. 
2. Griffen vs. Bolles. Bolles is awful and can't block anyone without holding.
3. I don't put much weight into the revenge factor, but Kubiak knows this team inside and out. It's strengths and weaknesses on offense and defense. I think this will be a big advantage for the Vikings.
4. Running wide left. Teams average 6 yards per carry going to the left. 

I don't think this will be a blow out unless we happen to get up big early. I think the Broncos defense will frustrate our offense a little. I sorta think this will feel a lot like the Redskins game did. But in the end, I just don't see a QB playing in his first road game playing well against this defense in the Bank. 

Vikings 20
Broncos 6

Vikings 21
Donkeys 17
Thats a flip of the score from the first time I saw the Vikings at the metro dump in 96. Elway threw a pass with about 2 minutes left in the game that bounced off 2 defenders before being caught for the game winning TD

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
Vikings 21
Donkeys 17
Thats a flip of the score from the first time I saw the Vikings at the metro dump in 96. Elway threw a pass with about 2 minutes left in the game that bounced off 2 defenders before being caught for the game winning TD
Grrr... I remember that play.