Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 years already?!!
Thats how long Tomlin has been coaching the Steelers...

jeebus time flies.

He owes it all to Chili.

i remember being pissed at the time when we lost him,  but I have really grown to not like him as a coach,  I think he is a bit of a punk bitch and coaches up his players to be the same way.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i remember being pissed at the time when we lost him,  but I have really grown to not like him as a coach,  I think he is a bit of a punk bitch and coaches up his players to be the same way.

Yeah, for a team with their history and personnel, he's done the least.  Like Raplesberger, it's time to move on from Mike.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Yup that passion and intensity he brought as a DC don't always work so well as the head coach who needs to be in charge of his team.  They certainly follow his lead in immaturity.

I remember when he left the Vikings.  A lot of fans thought he was gonna be a great HC. 

At the time folks thought Chilly wasn't a good coach and that Tomlin was the guy that should have promoted and kept. 

13 years later those fans were right.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
I remember when he left the Vikings.  A lot of fans thought he was gonna be a great HC. 

At the time folks thought Chilly wasn't a good coach and that Tomlin was the guy that should have promoted and kept. 

13 years later those fans were right.
he inherited a franchise QB and a pretty sound roster over all,  what has he done since?   the steelers have spent most of his time there in limbo... not really competing but not really dying.... just existing....kinda like our Vikes,  always good enough but never good enough.

He won a Super Bowl with them; I would take that.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
He won a Super Bowl with them; I would take that.
who wouldnt,  but we wouldnt have magically had that roster if we had hired him,  he would have had the same mess that we had at that time... without the connection to favre.

I despised Childress. Would have loved Tomlin here instead.

Sometimes it just aint meant to be.