Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actual conversation on Denver radio
Denver sports radio had local Bronco experts on breaking down the Vikings' offense and defense. Paraphrasing, but this is the gist of it...

Offensive expert: They have a guy playing right tackle who is 6-10, 400 lbs. I'm not kidding. He's a beast.
Host: Yeah, but a guy that big can't move, can he? He won't be able to handle Von Miller's speed. 
Offensive expert: No, he doesn't move very well, but he's enormous. 

Vikings right tackle is 6-7, 310 lb Brian O'Neill, who runs a 4.8 forty. I'm going back to podcasts...

Apparently they were looking at the Gophers lineup.  RT Daniel Faalele is 6'-9" and 400 pounds for them... 

Quote: @"CLOBIMON" said:
Apparently they were looking at the Gophers lineup.  RT Daniel Faalele is 6'-9" and 400 pounds for them... 
He is one massive human being. It's crazy and cool how he transitioned from rugby to football.

Sports talk radio is mind-numbing. The best, by far, and FSUVike will agree, is Kansas City local sports talk. I don't know about now, as I haven't lived there in 6 years, but 2 great AM stations with smart hosts and great talk. Nick Wright, who is on FoxSports formerly with Cris Carter, had his own show in KC when I lived there. The other guy was Kevin Kietzman on 610 AM. Top notch for local. 

Leroy Hoard is on a Miami sports radio station down here. 

The biggest player in the NCAA....

[Image: daniel-faalele-getty.jpg]

[Image: faalele-daniel-001.jpg]

I'd hope at a bare minimum a guy on the radio would know the difference between the college and professional teams...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'd hope at a bare minimum a guy on the radio would know the difference between the college and professional teams...
Well it is Denver.  The air is a bit thin and rather hazy.

Quote: @"CLOBIMON" said:
Wow, you're probably right! They were definitely talking about the Vikings though. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Sports talk radio is mind-numbing.  
All AM radio is. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Well it is Denver.  The air is a bit thin and rather hazy.
Honestly, Greed, the only time I ever think about "weed" is when someone from out of state mentions it. It's such a small part of Colorado living. You wanna know why we live here? 

Watch  . :-)