Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Weight: Whose Salaries Are Holding Teams Back Most in 2017?
Interesting set of names...I'd even be smug about it if our starting LT was playing and practicing.Dead Weight: Whose Salaries Are Holding Teams Back Most Heading into 2017?http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725144-dead-weight-whose-salaries-are-holding-teams-back-most-heading-into-2017?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Some fans don't want to give Brez as much credit as he deserves...  but if you want proof he is a good cap guy...  Look at those freaking contracts for Kalil and Okung compared to some of the big money deals we've handed out recently to Reiff, Remmers, Rhodes, Griffen, and Joseph. 

I've always had an appreciation for the guy. In spite of my argument that Brez has had it pretty easy without a franchise QB to contract around. But he's certainly going to be earning that check now -  looking forward the next few years. 

I've said for years that the success of the team has rode squarely on the shoulders of Brez and Sugarman... we have two of the best in the league at their respective positions.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I've said for years that the success of the team has rode squarely on the shoulders of Brez and Sugarman... we have two of the best in the league at their respective positions.
While that is true... the success part hasn't manifested itself yet. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@JimmyinSD said:
While that is true... the success part hasn't manifested itself yet. 
imagine how shitty we would have been if we hadnt been able to retain some of our better vets while we carried the contracts of JA, AD, Favre and a few others.  The team has had its share of micros successes over the last decade,  just not what we wanted to see.  Also I think Sugarman does a great job getting guys healthy and keeping them eligible.  (maybe not with our oline, but...)

I have no arguments about Brzezinski, but what is the basis for all the Sugarman love? Is it built completely upon the recovery of Adrian Peterson from his 2011 knee injury? OK, that's one success - but what if it had more to do with Peterson's healing ability and recovery effort, and any competent trainer would have been sufficient. What else? Well, he gets credit for EJ Henderson recovering for a while. But after those two, I can think of a pretty large number of Vikings who could not come back from injuries: Sidney Rice, Phil Loadholt, Brandon Fusco, John Sullivan, Sharrif Floyd, Greg Childs, Antonio Richardson. OK, those last two were never productive in the NFL, but Sugarman's fans claimed that both were going to be steals due to his skill. Bridgewater and Treadwell are TBD. Kalil was allegedly injured for 4 seasons.

Maybe Sugarman has a bunch of success stories I have forgotten - so please remind me.

Every time the Vikings disappoint, the #1 cause most fans cite is "injuries", and some have made cases that we suffer more than the typical franchise, or at least those which win more divisions and playoff games. If that's the case, how long does the head trainer deserve to keep being lauded as one of the best?

Zach Parise ...

:o wrong board.

Sorry, no love from me for either RS or Brez . 

Quote: @96POPS said:
Sorry, no love from me for either RS or Brea. 
Hmmm, there's a deeper story there...I understand if we aren't going to hear it, though.