Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook Not Living Up To Preseason Hype
He's exceeding it...oh my goodness...and Mattison has been a great compliment...

Let's drop a deuce on the donkies...

Yeah he is incredible. I love how he makes people miss and when finds his spot, he just powers through. I loved seeing defenders trying to take him down but he kept going. I do love Mattison as well. It's such a great 1, 2 punch.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
He's exceeding it...oh my goodness...and Mattison has been a great compliment...

Let's drop a deuce on the donkies...
ok, you got me with the title. 

Cook and Mattison are a bitch to deal with.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
i love the one/two punch!!!

From Cook:

....at one point in the third quarter that they actually ran the ball on 10 consecutive plays before Cook scored on a 2-yard run to give them a 28-21 lead. "That's what it looks like right there," said Cook, who finished with 97 rushing yards, 86 receiving yards and one touchdown on the ground. "That's the blueprint: Physical football, downhill (and) let's get the job done. We've got some guys up front that can move some people. That's the moving crew right there. Once they are going, they're going. You can sense the look in their eyes when they're ready to get the job done. I could see that look in their eyes tonight."

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
From Cook:

....at one point in the third quarter that they actually ran the ball on 10 consecutive plays before Cook scored on a 2-yard run to give them a 28-21 lead. "That's what it looks like right there," said Cook, who finished with 97 rushing yards, 86 receiving yards and one touchdown on the ground. "That's the blueprint: Physical football, downhill (and) let's get the job done. We've got some guys up front that can move some people. That's the moving crew right there. Once they are going, they're going. You can sense the look in their eyes when they're ready to get the job done. I could see that look in their eyes tonight."
Man, that almost gives ya a woodie reading that!  Awesome!

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
From Cook:

Yeah, that drive was a thing of beauty. Offense played well on the road. Cousins too.

The defense needs some work though. Our vaunted 3rd down defense is just gone. 

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"Mattyman" said:

I like the fact Mattison can come into the game and just pound the ball while Cook takes a breather. Cook had 97 yards rushing and Mattison on limited carries still got 52 yards.  What a tag team.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"Mattyman" said:

I like the fact Mattison can come into the game and just pound the ball while Cook takes a breather. Cook had 97 yards rushing and Mattison on limited carries still got 56 yards.  What a tag team.
Let me say first I love Mattison. But....he does not have a nose for the end zone. He should probably have 3 rushing TDs this year. I'm being nitpicky, but I can't help but notice that if he just bore down a few times, he'd have a few scores.