Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any new word on Josh Doctson?
Doctson has been practicing, is fully healthy, and is probably the 2nd best healthy wideout on the team at this point.  He can be activated for the Cowboys game, but I would have expected to have seen something by now.  It's a real head-scratcher to me if he isn't activated for an important game where we are hurting at WR.  Then again, given some of the recent personnel decisions, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

I don't think he's been able to practice much with his injury, so it's unlikely he's been able to work with the offense, get his route depth down, be where he's supposed to be, that sort of thing. 

I can't see how they'd have Doctson play much of a role yet either.

They have to hope Cook has a nice night tomorrow. 

Maybe this week will be Irv Smith's coming out party? With AT out, someone is going to have to step-up and help Diggs. They'll simple double him, stack the box and dare Cousins to beat them with whats left out there. 

Some bit player has to have an awesome nite.

I'm holding out hope for an Aldrick Robinson part deaux impact...let's hope there's some muscle memory there.

Feels like we are over-thinking it.  He has been healed for some time, has had forever to learn the playbook, a week or more of reps, and is a 4-year pro.  Oh, and he has more NFL receptions than Treadwell and Bisi Johnson combined. This aint rocket science.  I'm thinking he could give us a lift, particularly with the talent void at WR with AT out.

Quote: @"Purpleblooded" said:
Feels like we are over-thinking it.  He has been healed for some time, has had forever to learn the playbook, a week or more of reps, and is a 4-year pro.  Oh, and he has more NFL receptions than Treadwell and Bisi Johnson combined. This aint rocket science.  I'm thinking he could give us a lift, particularly with the talent void at WR with AT out.
I agree. We see other receivers change teams and catch passes the same week. No reason to think Doctson can't play, unless he's out of shape, or can't block.
If Treadwell is one of your leading receivers, it is probably a sign it's not going to be a win!

Unless Josh Doctson is really Mister Fantastic with the stretch arms and can catch Cousins overthrows, he is not going to make a difference on this team.  Bisi has shown to be a solid WR, he consistently runs great routes and finding a seam in the defense and catches everything thrown his way.  And there is no reason for the Treadwell hate, he has been solid since coming back to the team and was one of the few players who stepped up last week.  I would rather go with the two guys who know the offense, have been with the team all year and are producing.  Doctson is depth and would be the #4 tomorrow if active.  

Sounds like he’s playin’...

Josh Doctson
, who was signed Sept. 3 as a free agent and quickly suffered a hamstring injury in practice, is expected to be activated off injured reserve Saturday and be eligible to make his Vikings debut Sunday. Beebe is eligible to return Dec. 2 at Seattle.Stefon Diggs and rookie Olabisi Johnson will be Sunday’s starters, with Treadwell as the potential No. 3 receiver. That could change depending upon how the Vikings view Doctson. 
“I’m feeling great,” said Doctson, who got some work in practice with the first-team offense this week. “I know what to expect this week. So, if they call my name, I’ll be ready.”

https://www.twincities.com/2019/11/08/laquon-treadwell-seeking-to-make-most-of-second-chance-with-vikings/

@"Kentis" said:
Beebe is eligible to return Dec. 2 at Seattle
I can’t wait for Beebe to come back. 

So, you want your Beebe back?