Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kellen Winslow Jr. pleads guilty, plea deal

I hope that 17 year old can find a way to move forward from this.

I also can't help but feel for his old man too. Boy, that apple fell far from the tree

I feel bad for the victims.  Can never understand how someone could do this shit. 

He has deep seeded issues. This is deviant behavior. He'll always be a threat to society. Should put him down like a rabid dog.

From ESPN: 
VISTA, Calif. -- Former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. pleaded guilty Monday to raping an unconscious teen in 2003 and to sexual battery involving a 54-year-old hitchhiker in a deal that spared him the possibility of life in prison.
Winslow initially hesitated and seemed to agonize over his decision.
"I'm sorry. I'm just not thinking very clearly,'' Winslow told the judge at one point.
He asked the judge for more time before he finally entered the guilty pleas moments before he was about to be retried on six felonies including kidnapping, sodomy, forced oral copulation and two charges of forcible rape in San Diego County Superior Court that could have sent him to prison for life if he was convicted.
In exchange for his plea, the court agreed to sentence him to between 12 and 18 years in prison for the two charges and dismiss the others.

Agonizing over his decision?  The "decision" to be agonized over is life without parole vs. life without parole in solitary confinement.

Can't believe this scum bag only got 12 to 18 years.  Should be life with no parole.  Disgusting.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Can't believe this scum bag only got 12 to 18 years.  Should be life with no parole.  Disgusting.
Not at all surprised by it actually. Sentences for these kinds of crimes are usually way too light.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
The problem was the victims stories were inconsistent. One person was homeless and her story changed and very scattered, easy to pick apart.  The defense was picking them apart to some extent. So a plea deal was done as the prosecution thought it was better than the jury possibly giving him something even more lenient.