Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-lebanon-defense-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-withholding-105-million-in-security-aid-for-lebanon-sources-idUSKBN1XA2QX?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

OCTOBER 31, 2019 / 6:17 PM / UPDATED 8 MINUTES AGO

Patricia Zengerle, Mike Stone 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration is withholding $105 million in security aid for Lebanon, two U.S. officials said on Thursday, two days after the resignation of Lebanese Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri. 

The State Department told Congress on Thursday that the White House budget office and National Security Council had decided to withhold the foreign military assistance, the two officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity. 

The officials did not say why the aid was blocked. One of the sources said the State Department did not give Congress a reason for the decision. 

The State Department declined to comment. 

The official said drawing aid away from Lebanon could pave the way for Russia to move in. Russia has expanded its influence in Syria since Trump announced he was withdrawing U.S. forces from the northeastern part of the country. 

Is this thing on?

We've missed you.

Sure.  Stop.  Heard it before.  

Happens all the time.  

For instance, when Obama withheld aid to Egypt. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/senator-obama-administration-secretly-suspended-military-aid-to-egypt

Don’t forget when Biden threatened it until they fired the prosecutor going after Hunter’s crime. 

Or when Obama withheld aid to Ukraine. 

We can pretend that when Trump does it ... RUSSIA.  

Pay attention.  It is all coming out soon, whether you post this crap or not. 

we shouldnt be giving any money to anyone until we take care of our own. 

Walk away, leave a vacuum, for our bff Vlad to exploit.  Genius, Don is going leave such a legacy.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Walk away, leave a vacuum, for our bff Vlad to exploit.  Genius, Don is going leave such a legacy.
Let's say that all of that is true.  Since when did Democrats care about expanding and protecting democracies around the world?  Is it only because Donald is doing it... or do you really want the US to be the "policeman" and protector of the world?  When Obama pulled out and exposed various allies to dangers, the Republicans were against it... and the Democrats were for it.  Now that Trump does it, the Democrats are against it... and some of the Republicans are for it.  

I don't mind criticisms of the President- no matter who they are.  I just want them to be legitimate, heartfelt, genuine concerns... not just another day, another round of "Orange Man Bad".

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
Sure.  Stop.  Heard it before.  

Happens all the time.  

For instance, when Obama withheld aid to Egypt. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/senator-obama-administration-secretly-suspended-military-aid-to-egypt

Don’t forget when Biden threatened it until they fired the prosecutor going after Hunter’s crime. 

Or when Obama withheld aid to Ukraine. 

We can pretend that when Trump does it ... RUSSIA.  

Pay attention.  It is all coming out soon, whether you post this crap or not. 
In response to your link, think about the basics here A1:

One President suspended military aid because the government was in upheaval and there were questions if a coup had taken place

One President suspended military aid until that country agreed to investigate his political rival in an upcoming election.

As for Biden, he was acting in an official capacity, not some shady backdoor deal shit with Obama's personal attorney involved.  That Prosecutor for the Ukraine who was pressured to be fired was corrupt and until Ukraine cleaned up their house USA wasn't going to help them.  He refused to prosecute Russians who were active in multiple cases of corruption that our own allies like the UK were trying to pursue.  This move had the backing of numerous allies and the U.N. and absolutely nothing to do with Hunter Biden.  

Sad these basic concepts have to be explained to you.  Motives matter.

They got the aid and said they never knew there was a delay.  So not sure what you are referring to.  

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Let's say that all of that is true.  Since when did Democrats care about expanding and protecting democracies around the world?  Is it only because Donald is doing it... or do you really want the US to be the "policeman" and protector of the world?  When Obama pulled out and exposed various allies to dangers, the Republicans were against it... and the Democrats were for it.  Now that Trump does it, the Democrats are against it... and some of the Republicans are for it.  

I don't mind criticisms of the President- no matter who they are.  I just want them to be legitimate, heartfelt, genuine concerns... not just another day, another round of "Orange Man Bad".
Don't justify it by pointing to anyone other than corporal bonespur.  No it's not a simple binary, good/guy bad guy world.  Not everyone has intellectual capability to manage the situation and history will show our times to be a real cluster job.

How do Republicans explain the DOJ, headed up by Barr who is supposed to be totally non-partisan, is advising White House aides to ignore subpoenas to testify about Trump's "perfect" call?

I mean for the most transparent administration in history, why wouldn't you want everyone to testify about what a perfect call Trump made?

And already Trump is backpedaling... that IF there was a quid pro quo, which he denies, it's still not grounds for impeachment. 

Where did I hear this before?

I never met Stormy.

Ok I met Stormy but never paid her off.

You'll have to ask my attorney Cohen if he paid Stormy, I wasn't aware of any payment. 

Ok I authorized the payment to Stormy but it wasn't illegal.

We never met any Russians.

Ok we met with Russians, but it was about adoptions. 

Ok we met adoptions but it wasn't about adoptions, it was to get dirt on Hillary.  But collusion isn't a crime.

How you guys continue to support this bozo and watch him lie right to your faces as he changes his stories, moves the goalposts, and repeatedly obstructs justice in plain view is beyond comprehension.