Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield walks out of interview
Things are heating up in Cleveland.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/baker...onference/

But there's really more to the story: the reporter that interrupts him is Tony Grossi. Grossi said he would retire if Mayfield was chosen by the Browns. So there's some history here. Not a great look for either, IMO. You can see Grossi is poking him, but Mayfield is definitely feeling the heat.

I dont know the play, but obviously it didnt go as planned and he asks if mayfield was happy with the throw...the reporter is an idiot...  he was trying to badger mayfield and now nobody gets a story except Entertainment tonight.   when reporters act like that they should get their credentials suspended for a week or two.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I dont know the play, but obviously it didnt go as planned and he asks if mayfield was happy with the throw...the reporter is an idiot...  he was trying to badger mayfield and now nobody gets a story except Entertainment tonight.   when reporters act like that they should get their credentials suspended for a week or two.
Totally agree. There's history here between the two and the question was asked to cause a reaction. Reporter is trying to be the news here. He knew this would upset Baker. 

But then Mayfield runs to the Twittersphere to "explain" himself.  Great Odin's ghost....

All Mayfield has to do is answer the questions and move on, he is the one who made it an issue by acting like a baby and walking out.  Most of these high profile athletes deal with the same stuff, it's no different than what goes on in other locker rooms.  Part of making the millions is dealing with fans booing and challenging media.  It's part of the game.  You can't have a big mouth like Mayfield does when it is convenient, but then act like a victim when things don't go your way.  Mayfield and the Browns popped off all preseason and acted like they were champs before they had proven anything, now they can't handle what comes with losing. 

Mayfield does have that Johnny Manziel vibe to him but that reporter was a dumbass. I don't blame him for walking away. 

Reminds me of the Jim Rome interview with the Rams' QB (Jim Everett, whom Rome kept referring to as "Chrissy").  I still can't believe  Rome was able to parlay that idiocy into a big-time gig.  I can't stand him (and that's based just on listening to him... the whole "Chrissy" thing is just the icing on the "I-can't-stand-you cake").

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Mayfield does have that Johnny Manziel vibe to him but that reporter was a dumbass. I don't blame him for walking away. 
Manziel or Newton?  Don't remember Manziel ever winning much in the NFL. 

Mayfield and obj  egos are getting leveled almost weekly. 

How vlong until they go Chernobyl ?

Much ado about nothing.

But then again I am pulling for Mayfield to help turn that franchise into the right direction