Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Doctson slated to return from IR
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001071343/article/vikings-wr-josh-doctson-slated-to-return-from-ir
Vikings WR Josh Doctson slated to return from IR

• [Image: 0ap1000000236552.jpg]
  • By Kevin Patra
    NFL.com

• Around the NFL Writer
  • Published:

Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.

Josh Doctson is making his way back to the field.

The Minnesota Vikings announced Wednesday that Doctson has been designated to return from injured reserve and will practice with the squad today.

Doctson signed a one-year deal in Minnesota in September and was
subsequently placed on IR due to a hamstring injury, causing him to miss
the past seven games. The 26-year-old could return to game action as
soon as Nov. 10 versus the Dallas Cowboys.

Upon his eventual return, Doctson will reunite with quarterback Kirk Cousins. The duo played together for two seasons in Washington, where the receiver was a former first-round pick.

Doctson's return to action should provide the Vikings with depth at the receiver position as Minnesota makes its playoff push. Behind stars Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, seventh-round rookie Olabisi Johnson and Laquon Treadwell
(another former first-round pick) have been getting run. Doctson could
push for snaps ahead of an ineffective Treadwell when he suits up for
game action.

So Thielen will practice today, Doctson too. Minnesota is a pretty healthy unit heading into Week 9. I'd say they are healthier than 85% of the teams in the league right now. Good place to be from that standpoint.

Battle of the number one pick rejects...

So when the author is slamming Treadwell as being "ineffective" what is he basing that on?  From what I have seen, since Treadwell has been back, he has done a very good job in the limited reps that he has been in on.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Battle of the number one pick rejects...
Doctson has double Treadwells stats overall.  If not injured all the time he would have been even more productive.  I think Doctson when healthy has some potential to be a good 3rd WR who can also stretch the field unlike Tread.