Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redskins QB situation 'a disaster' after letting Cousins walk

I'm not a believer in Haskins and neither is the Redskin's coaching staff. 

Haskins is just so raw, even for a rookie. 

I dont think they're in that bad of shape with Keenum and who knows the ceiling for the rook?  The problem is the rest of that team really sucks at too many positions. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Haskins is just so raw, even for a rookie. 

I dont think they're in that bad of shape with Keenum and who knows the ceiling for the rook?  The problem is the rest of that team really sucks at too many positions. 
I agree about Case.  He played very well on Thursday and had the Vikings D on their heels.  I watched a bit of the Denver game, and I'm guessing those folks are wishing they had Case instead of Flacco.  Wow, has Flacco gotten stiff and slow.  He never was a scrambling threat, but now it's almost embarrassing to watch him.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm not a believer in Haskins and neither is the Redskin's coaching staff. 
I have to chuckle at Haskins being all bent out of shape about the Giants not drafting him.  Seems they made the correct decision.

shouldnt this read that the "redskins a disaster since  Schneider becomes owner"

Interestingly, Haskins had the same # of college starts as one Mitchell Trubisky... wait for it, lucky 13!  B) 

Oh the media. It was just 6 weeks ago when paying Kirk Cousins $84M was a "disaster" and what the hell were we thinking getting rid of Keenum!? I think I actually read that very word. 

Everything is fluid, based on environment and supporting cast, especially for QBs. Derek Carr was the next elite QB, then he's not. Trubisky looked like the next great young QB; now he looks like steaming shit. Case Keenum, Baker Mayfield, Joe Flacco, Goff. With the exception of maybe two or three QBs who are over 40 and have been running the same offense for a decade, every QB in the NFL is going to rise and fall with changes in scheme and personnel. 

Keenum has one receiver, a 34 year old back and an offensive line in shambles. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Oh the media. It was just 6 weeks ago when paying Kirk Cousins $84M was a "disaster" and what the hell were we thinking getting rid of Keenum!? I think I actually read that very word. 

Everything is fluid, based on environment and supporting cast, especially for QBs. Derek Carr was the next elite QB, then he's not. Trubisky looked like the next great young QB; now he looks like steaming shit. Case Keenum, Baker Mayfield, Joe Flacco, Goff. With the exception of maybe two or three QBs who are over 40 and have been running the same offense for a decade, every QB in the NFL is going to rise and fall with changes in scheme and personnel. 

Keenum has one receiver, a 34 year old back and an offensive line in shambles. 
Everything you said is true.

Redskins have been in the same cycle since Snyder bought the team. No roster, coaching or draft can fix a bad front office/owner.

At what point does Synder realize he's the issue?