Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Cook is poised for a big Sunday vs KC...
Film review: Why Vikings' Dalvin Cook is poised for another big Sunday in Kansas CityDalvin Cook must have smiled when he learned Packers running backs Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams combined for 262 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns at Kansas City.
Dalvin Cook must have cracked a smile when he learned Packers running backs Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams combined for 262 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns on Sunday night against the Chiefs — his next opponent at Arrowhead Stadium this weekend. Or maybe one just hasn’t left his face so far this season.
It has been that kind of year for Cook, the NFL’s rushing leader in yards and touchdowns. There’s little reason to think that won’t continue Sunday in Kansas City, where the Chiefs run defense has already surrendered four 100-yard rushers (and 99 yards to Oakland’s Josh Jacobs) and a 159-yard, two-touchdown receiving night from Packers running back Aaron Jones on Sunday.
At the halfway point, Cook’s all-time pace (currently 2,232 yards from scrimmage) would give him the 17th-best season in league history. He’s given the Vikings offense a real threat underneath, a perfect complement to a vertical play-action passing game
http://www.startribune.com/film-review-w...564032872/

its going to boil down to interior line play,  can our OGs and C move their DTs by themselves allowing the 3rd OL to get to clear a run lane by getting to the next level,  or will we have to double team just to open a hole at the line and then expect the RB to make the LB or S in the hole miss before getting their run on?  If their DT can cause our OGs to help the C or vice versa then it wont be nearly as productive as it could be and has been for other teams.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
its going to boil down to interior line play,  can our OGs and C move their DTs by themselves allowing the 3rd OL to get to clear a run lane by getting to the next level,  or will we have to double team just to open a hole at the line and then expect the RB to make the LB or S in the hole miss before getting their run on?  If their DT can cause our OGs to help the C or vice versa then it wont be nearly as productive as it could be and has been for other teams.
I think the game boils down to whether the we can remotley slow down their offense. I think our Offense will be ok against their weaker D. 

I hope that Zimmer has sent the NFL video of a few of the bullshit holding calls we got last week and let them know he has been a good soldier so far and has sucked it up and not said anything publicly, but other top teams are not getting these calls.

The Vikings need to control the game clock with the run game and keep the Chief's offense off the field, along with a strong showing from the defense forcing the 3 and outs...I don't want to see a shoot-out with this game.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I think the game boils down to whether the we can remotley slow down their offense. I think our Offense will be ok against their weaker D. 
if we can run the ball that will  keep their O on the bench and grind the tempo of the game which will keep our D fresher longer and less susceptible to those mistakes that their skills players can force.  we need to run the ball to win this game,  it also takes the crowd out which is one of the best homefield advantages in sports... the red sea is something to see personally if you have never made a game there.. its damn impressive how well they hold their tickets despite how well Minny fans travel and how close that would be for our opposing fan base to take over a stadium.

Cousins played a lot of games outdoors in Washington.

KC is a tough place to win.

Will be interesting to see how the Vikings execute. 

I hear ya---saw sheldon Richardson get all the way past his man and get tackled from behind no call wtf 

Sunday, Monday, Thursday...any day he's poised for a big day...

Quote: @Mattyman said:
Cousins played a lot of games outdoors in Washington.

KC is a tough place to win.

Will be interesting to see how the Vikings execute. 
So when I open up my dog-eared historical Viking's script book it says, 'Game where Vikings will shit the bed'.