Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Most Compelling Second Half Story Lines

It's strange that I'm now starting to trust our offense to play at a high level, but not so much the defense.  I sure hope Zim has some answers to help the pass D.  Those QBs in the upcoming games will be tougher to defend than those in the first half.
I like the turnaround after that ugly Bears loss, and hopefully we keep it rolling - Skol!

If Zim can't fix it, it can't be fixed. 

Again, I have little faith in PFF rankings, but this looks a lot like what we are seeing on the field...

What the heck is going on with Hercules Mata'afa?  It seemed he would make some noise pressuring QBs, but all is quiet from him.  I'm not sure he's even seeing the field on D at all.  He looked promising in pre-season.  His interior pass rush potential is exactly what's lacking right now.

Hercules is drawing a double and has no counter...at least the few times I key in...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Hercules is drawing a double and has no counter...at least the few times I key in...
Well that's disappointing.  I thought he wasn't even playing.  If one of our DTs could step up, that'd change the pass D dramatically.

One question for me. Will the defense hold up?

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Well that's disappointing.  I thought he wasn't even playing.  If one of our DTs could step up, that'd change the pass D dramatically.
I'd find a way to get Geno Atkins...the D would flourish...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
If Zim can't fix it, it can't be fixed. 

Again, I have little faith in PFF rankings, but this looks a lot like what we are seeing on the field...
Yeah, I think the most concerning thing is the pass defense (and at times, the pass rush).  The silver lining to that is Zimmer is a CB guru so if anyone can fix it, it's him.

Hopefully, it starts this week...  because Mahomes or no Mahomes...  the Chiefs have some weapons in the passing game.

More reps for Hughes would be a good start...Kearse on Kelce...bracket Hill at minimum...take advantage of their hobbled OL...