Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Morning Wood

He has such innate qualities to go with the obvious physical gifts.

How Cook gets it done is exciting, entertaining and a bit different than the norm...I think this micro movement analysis is spot on. 

Durability is a concern of mine for him until he proves it shouldn't be. Speaking of durability, why was Cook continually rammed into the line that last 8 minute drive instead of the rook or someone else?

No need for that, they need to exhibit better pitch count discipline during games with him. 

While he wasn't necessarily needed on that final drive,  he did end the game with only 23 Carrie's so it's not like they were running him into the ground.  Mattison had 13 IIRC so he got his share as well.

Cook is on pace for 312 carries and another 58 touches on receiptions...not exactly a Ricky Bell work load...he's a very solid 215lbs...plus he didn't get a ton of carries his first two years...he's smart enough not to take unnecessary hits...

That being said, Mattison is so effective when he's in, upping his carries a bit, and taking a few a game away from Cook seems prudent...hopefully during the mini bye we figure out a way to get him involved more...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Cook is on pace for 312 carries and another 58 touches on receiptions...not exactly a Ricky Bell work load...he's a very solid 215lbs...plus he didn't get a ton of carries his first two years...he's smart enough not to take unnecessary hits...

That being said, Mattison is so effective when he's in, upping his carries a bit, and taking a few a game away from Cook seems prudent...hopefully during the mini bye we figure out a way to get him involved more...
Yeah, I pointed that out yesterday (the total touches).  370 doesn't seem like a lot...  but what about if we make a playoff run and he gets another 50-75 touches?

Cook is on the high end right now...  but he does have a fair share of runs where he avoids a hit and squirts out of bounds because he's so quick to make the corner and get upfield.

It's definitely something the Vikings shoulder monitor as the year goes on.

It's hard to truly appreciate how good Dalvin is until you watch other backs, which I did this weekend.

Watched a lot of Sony Michel yesterday because I had to play him due to Ingram's bye week. Christ, it looked like he was wearing galoshes and a blindfold. Limited vision and power, no wiggle or juice. And this was a 1st round draft pick who seldom sees loaded boxes. Dalvin is a special, special back.

Add a body stocking, and that was my Halloween costume.