Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right Now, I Am Hurting My Team

Do you think Rhodes could become a safety? It used to be that CBs who lost a step did that - but at a time when safeties were not nearly as fast and athletic (now many are as fast as CBs). And CBs now have a lot of pride about admitting they lost a step, but I assume Rhodes really wants to remain part of Zimmer's defense so he might be above that issue. But I don't know who he would displace there with Harris' emergence.

Sounds like Zimmer doesn't see a problem with Rhodes play.  Until he does, I don't see any changes happening.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Sounds like Zimmer doesn't see a problem with Rhodes play.  Until he does, I don't see any changes happening.
I heard the opposite actually. At least according to Buck and Aikman, they said he isn't pleased with Rhodes' play.

I also heard that Rhodes cleared the concussion protocol last night.  I thought he was out in the second half because of a possible concussion. 
Did he play after the hit?

I think this is the beginning of the end for Rhodes with the Vikings. I think he's lost confidence. He's a big CB and he's stiffer. I like X, but something is up. There's been a change. Trae Waynes is the best CB on this team and has been for 2 years now. Between the cap hit/dead cap Minnesota would open up $8 million next year if they let him go. If they traded him, even better. 

One thing I always felt but never said on this board about Rhodes: I don't ever think he was a truly confident kid. I think it was always false bravado. It doesn't take much for him to get hot. It shows how much Z respects him to publicly back him, however.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think this is the beginning of the end for Rhodes with the Vikings. I think he's lost confidence. He's a big CB and he's stiffer. I like X, but something is up. There's been a change. Trae Waynes is the best CB on this team and has been for 2 years now. Between the cap hit/dead cap Minnesota would open up $8 million next year if they let him go. If they traded him, even better. 

One thing I always felt but never said on this board about Rhodes: I don't ever think he was a truly confident kid. I think it was always false bravado. It doesn't take much for him to get hot. It shows how much Z respects him to publicly back him, however.
We signed Rhodes when he was a shutdown corner playing, as Zim said, a power forward.  The game changed last year and it really takes away his game.  Thankfully Zim spent some more draft capital on D and drafted Hughes and didn't trade Waynes.

Zimmer has criticized Rhodes plenty. But in his press-conference Zimmer took the blame for telling Rhodes play McClaurin deeper than he should have. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Do you think Rhodes could become a safety? It used to be that CBs who lost a step did that - but at a time when safeties were not nearly as fast and athletic (now many are as fast as CBs). And CBs now have a lot of pride about admitting they lost a step, but I assume Rhodes really wants to remain part of Zimmer's defense so he might be above that issue. But I don't know who he would displace there with Harris' emergence.
FWIW, two of PFF top 4 rated safeties are former CBs...he could transition, just not here...

XR is beating XR.

Throwing his helmet after giving up a  TD in Detroit.

The emotional outbursts after a penalty.

The walk off injuries

Everyone sees it........

Doesn't matter if it's checkers, tic tac toe, NFL football...........in any sport, if a player goes  mental like that he's beaten  because he's thinking instead of playing.

I absolutely believe  it's fixable, talk a little less and play a little more.