Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So if you're Mike, what tweaks do you make @ 6/2???
Dont want to toss the baby out with the bath-water. Gotta be careful

Do you really move XR down the depth chart?
Blitz More? Blitz Differently?
Do you believe in Dozier more than Elf? 
Does RS make a trade for OL help or depth?
Play less Zone?

Dozier over Elf
Hughes snatching playing time from Xavier
Get Hill quickly in the mix

Play more man and send more blitzes

Get IRV the ball more

I'd definitely at least start giving more snaps to Dozier and Hughes so if the time comes for them to start, it's not a huge adjustment. 

Trade Cousins for Keenum?
Resign Peterson?

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Trade Cousins for Keenum?
Resign Peterson?
Sarcasm at it's finest.   Smile

Its situational, especially going up against KC's offense. 

I would be hesitant to make a change on the OL, but Elf was a big liability after stringing a couple decent starts together. Considering that O'Neill gave up his first sack and a couple holds himself, maybe we tip the cap to Washington. 

But, let's get Dozier more reps at practice...maybe the Dark Elf will respond to the pressure of maybe losing his job.

Rhodes is just playing awful right now...definitely not playing to his contract...I'd make some calls starting g with Philly...

I'd also seriously considering trying to add Geno Atkins...short of that, good things happen when we blitz Barr...let's see more of that...

The biggest tweaks I would make at this point...

1) Start reducing Dalvin's touches...  he's currently on pace for 370 this season (312 rushing attempts and 58 receptions).  That's a lot of hits and the Vikings need to think about the additional hits he'll take if they make the playoffs.  Mattison has looked really good in just about every game this season.  I hate taking Dalvin off the field, but we need to save him a bit.  I don't know why we had him in at all late in the 4th quarter on that 8 minute drive to end the game.

2) Blitz Anthony Barr more...  when he is rushing the passer, he makes plays.  I think we are continually under-utilizing his best trait.  That sack last night was perfect, he got there in a hurry.

3) Play more man coverage...  Rhodes clearly isn't as comfortable playing in a zone when he can't get his hands on guys right away.  He tends to get grabby further down the field and he isn't playing well.  Some of that is on Rhodes, but Zimmer needs to take the next 10 days and use it like a bye week...  make some tweaks to the defense for the 2nd half of the season.  We have 3 more games to evaluate any tweaks before our actual bye week.  Get an early start on it because the defense the past two weeks has struggled defending the pass and getting off the field on 3rd down.

Less political posts...