Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing to complain about....
Thursday night football is rarely great for a reason, the short week is tough. Teams have lulls, every team. I can understand that we hardcore fans are a little close to the trees sometimes and expectations can be a bit much, but its a win. Bailey was perfect. Run game was strong and Cousins was efficient. I've never thought the Vikings were a great team, but a very good one. I think the offensive line is better than last year certainly, but definitely the worst of the NFC contenders. The RB tandem is outstanding. Not a perfect team but definitely a talented one. Concerns for a player like Rhodes? Yep. But Minnesota is deep at corner, especially with Hill coming back.

The team should benefit from a big rest until the game in KC. Not saying fans shouldn't voice concerns, just saying maybe we can be a little tough with our expectations. Will the other shoe drop? Always does, but one game at a time. I'm cool with 6-2. 

Couldn't agree more, Sticky.  I've been bi***ing about their interior pressure all year but we seem to step up when needed.  But the Skin's 12th man was Elflein and his penalties. 

As Barney Fife would say, "We got to nip it.  Nip it in the bud!"

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Couldn't agree more, Sticky.  I've been bi***ing about their interior pressure all year but we seem to step up when needed.  But the Skin's 12th man was Elflein and his penalties. 

As Barney Fife would say, "We got to nip it.  Nip it in the bud!"
Yes sir. Nothing chaps my ass more than penalties that help opposing drives continue. So damn frustrating. 

We didn't punt once. That's pretty extraordinary.

Two big concerns are Elf and Rhodes. Anyone can have a bad day. But XR had had several now. We've got to figure something out there or he's going to get more and more targets. I can just imagine Keenum in the QB room in DC this week: "wait, you want me to go after Xavier Rhodes?"

Might be time to start giving some garbage time snaps to Dozier and Samia.

I think Rhodes will be benched pretty soon; maybe be the nickle.  Looks to me like Hughes and Waynes are the best options on the outside.  It's too bad how quickly X has lost it.

Good post SB.  Pretty much how I feel about the team too.  I was thinking 8-8 or 9-7, but I'm now thinking a 10 or 11 win season.  They don't look like the best NFL team, but I'm enjoying these wins after watching that turd of a game in Chicago.  I'll take this Thursday night win over a loss any day. 

Skol!

simply this

cleaner execution and we put up another 11 to 14 points

30-9 make you feel better?  

sometimes you need to win ugly, you think GB hates their victory over Detroit?

Sam Ekstrom
@SamEkstrom
· 7h
The #Vikings ran the ball 16 straight times on their 8-minute march toward the end of the game. Demoralizing opponents in the second half is becoming the norm for this offense.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Sam Ekstrom
@SamEkstrom
· 7h
The #Vikings ran the ball 16 straight times on their 8-minute march toward the end of the game. Demoralizing opponents in the second half is becoming the norm for this offense.
Yeah, that was an impressive way to close out the game.  Maybe not for people who had money on the Vikings covering the spread...  but that is how pound a nail in the coffin.  Demoralizing is right.

Pound the rock

chew the clock