Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So why is Kevin Stefanski not getting much credit?
He's young. This is his first full year of offensive coordinating. He's unpredictable. All the things Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay are. The national media loves crowning these young, innovative coordinators. Yet crickets from the media. The focus has been Cousins, Zimmer, Kubiak, etc. Kevin is calling the plays. 

As soon as Kevin falters, it will be a whole different story then...critics will be coming out of the woodwork.

If the Vikes offense keeps rolling, I think it will come.  The Vikes have had three good games in a row, but there are better teams out there to talk about. 

He's been calling great games during this win streak.  So great, I'm fearful some team will want to nab him as a HC at the end of the season. 

5/2 is nice, not as sexy as one loss. Lots of power rankings have the Vikings around the 6-8 mark. 

Not sure how much the league and press believe the Vikings are for real yet. Not sure what % of the fans here believe it yet?

Couple national games will either change that under the radar view or everyone will be on the bandwagon. Just the way it goes. 

Similar to Buffalo imo...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
5/2 is nice, not as sexy as one loss. Lots of power rankings have the Vikings around the 6-8 mark. 

Not sure how much the league and press believe the Vikings are for real yet. Not sure what % of the fans here believe it yet?

Couple national games will either change that under the radar view or everyone will be on the bandwagon. Just the way it goes. 

I'd disagree. Yeah, us here: we get it. We ain't buying into shit yet. But being ranked between 8-5 is pretty high. And when did the media ever wait to crown somebody as great or horrible, lol? They live in hyperbole. So that's kind of my point with Stefanski, I'm surprised they aren't prematurely crowning him as that's what they do all the time and they are giving credit to others on the Vikings.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'd disagree. Yeah, us here: we get it. We ain't buying into shit yet. But being ranked between 8-5 is pretty high. And when did the media ever wait to crown somebody as great or horrible, lol? They live in hyperbole. So that's kind of my point with Stefanski, I'm surprised they aren't prematurely crowning him as that's what they do all the time.
I get what you're saying about media hyperbole etc.

But I also think that 5/2, a couple of high profile road losses this year plus 8/8, out of playoff contention a year ago has more of an effect than you do. 

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'd disagree. Yeah, us here: we get it. We ain't buying into shit yet. But being ranked between 8-5 is pretty high. And when did the media ever wait to crown somebody as great or horrible, lol? They live in hyperbole. So that's kind of my point with Stefanski, I'm surprised they aren't prematurely crowning him as that's what they do all the time.

But I also think that 5/2, a couple of high profile road losses this year plus 8/8, out of playoff contention a year ago has more of an effect than you do. 

Wasn't it 8-7-1, technically not a losing season.  But, your right, no playoffs either.  High expectations, low results...

Um actually I have heard quit a bit of praise.  The announcers have state several times the game over all offensive game plan is a collective deal but Stefanski is solely responsible for in game flow and play selections.

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Word brother. You're probably right.

Someone will hire him after the year as a HC because hiring "hot" coordinators is the only concept most NFL g.m.'s have in their little heads when it comes to picking a new coach.   Never mind Kubiak looking over his shoulder/helping and all the skill talent he's got here along with a defense that compliments the offense, someone will decide it's all Stefanski and make him a head guy even though he is still very green.   

And while he's off taking his lumps somewhere, Kubiak will be our new OC and he'll be happy to be there as long as Zim is there and wants him to be because he has no desire to be a HC again.