Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49'ers panning for gold?

While withholding any apologies to Richard Sherman, I'm not sold on them and think they're going to need all the help they can get.  They've played through the easiest part of their schedule (11-28 combined opponents record) and have just one team left with a losing record currently, Atlanta.  (Seattle twice, Green Bay, Baltimore, New Orleans, LAR, Carolina which is on a 4-win streak and AZ twice that is on a 3-win streak.)

Quote: @"CLOBIMON" said:
While withholding any apologies to Richard Sherman, I'm not sold on them and think they're going to need all the help they can get.  They've played through the easiest part of their schedule (11-28 combined opponents record) and have just one team left with a losing record currently, Atlanta.  (Seattle twice, Green Bay, Baltimore, New Orleans, LAR, Carolina which is on a 4-win streak and AZ twice that is on a 3-win streak.)

Yeah, I'm not quite sold myself, but I do recognize they have a very respectable D.  Whether Jimmy Goodlooks is the guy needs to be seen once they play a strong D themselves.

so what move should Minnesota make as the trade deadline approaches?  other teams are making moves.... what is our weakness and who do you target?  LB?  OL?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
so what move should Minnesota make as the trade deadline approaches?  other teams are making moves.... what is our weakness and who do you target?  LB?  OL?
I'd trade for an interior pass rusher...

Like Geno Atkins...you'd have to do some fancy cap manipulation...but an interior pass rusher like Atkins would make this D ludicrous...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Agreed.  Disappointed we struggle with pressure from our interior.  

Still would like to see the Redskins part with Trent.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Agreed.  Disappointed we struggle with pressure from our interior.  

Still would like to see the Redskins part with Trent.
The only reason I didn't pick OL was do to the time needed to gel...

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
A few weeks ago I actually thought that Sanders would be a serious possibility. Now, I don't think the Vikings make a move unless there's an injury to one of their starters on Thursday.