Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts going forward
Some thoughts about Thursday's game:
  • I am interested in seeing which WR the Vikes bring up from the practice squad.  They have brought up Darion Davis in the past but I think that is more for special team play.  So, I am curious to see who has developed on the practice squad since they have 3 receivers on the PS.
  • Is this game an important measuring stick for Cousins?  This is a prime time game against his old team -- seems like a game where he could put too much pressure on himself.  I am very interested to see how he responds to this, especially if Thielen doesn't play.  On a similar note, I wish AP would play because I would predict he would fumble multiple times trying to show up the Vikes.
  • We may have seen the last of Marcus Sherels.  If the Vikes bring up Davis, I am guessing Sherels will be cut to make the room.  With Hill returning after this game, you have to think Sherels has played his last game in purple.  (I am surprised the Vikes are having Hughes return punts, though).

Question on Sherels.  Did anyone read why he was inactive?  Was he hurt, or did the Vikings want more DBs against Detroit?

“Probably the first time I can remember (being a healthy scratch), but you’ve got to find other ways to help, whether it’s getting Mike ready or being an extra set of eyes out there on the field,’’ Sherels said.

If it weren't for that Buffalo game last year I would go into this game confident that there was no way the Redskins could beat us. 

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
Some thoughts about Thursday's game:
  • Is this game an important measuring stick for Cousins?  This is a prime time game against his old team -- seems like a game where he could put too much pressure on himself.  I am very interested to see how he responds to this, especially if Thielen doesn't play.  On a similar note, I wish AP would play because I would predict he would fumble multiple times trying to show up the Vikes.
Absolutely, and it's still a measuring stick for the Vikings. If they wilt on national television (as they often have), the progress of the past three weeks is greatly devalued.