Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here Kitty, Kitty - Pick It!
[Image: tenor.gif]
Ok, here we go into the mid-season with week 7 (crazy, isn't it?).  I think our Vikings are starting to find their identity on offense.  It looks to me like the OL is starting to gel, and get more cohesive as a group.  They ran the ball well last week against the #1 run defense.  When I say well, I mean it got Philly's attention, and it obviously opened up the passing game.
I think that happens again against a very PO'ed Detroit team.  Yeah, I know we always have strange games vs Detroit, but I just think the running game will prevail, and Detroit's pass defense will give us opportunities as well.
I'm going with the Vikes pulling away late - Skol!
Vikings: 27
Puddy Tats: 17

As I mentioned in another thread, this game scares me.  The Lions are a much better team than anyone thinks and they're playing at home. They're literally a bounce or two and a couple of bad calls from undefeated. And it's not like they've played a cake schedule like the Pats. I think this game will be tight and the winner will be the winner of the refs/mistakes/turnovers battle. And you can never predict that. 

What I don't like: 
• Darius Slay. He's likely going to shadow the Vikings #1 receiver. But who is that? Thielen or Diggs? It'll be interesting to find out because that receiver likely won't get much.

• Kenny Golladay. In the past, we could always count on Rhodes to shut down the big WR1. But he was beaten an alarming amount of times by Alshon Jeffery. Golladay is a younger, faster version of AJ. Is Rhodes a target now?  

• Snacks v. Bradbury. Lions run defense hadn't been very good statistically, but I think the fact they played both Kyler Murray and Patrick Mahomes factors into that. Snacks is still one of the best run stoppers in the NFL. 

What I like:
• Vikings are a better team than the Lions, who don't have any particular weapon that should scare anyone. Lions are middle of the road everywhere. Statistically, in terms of roster talent, pretty much everything. At the top of our game, there aren't many teams in the NFL who should beat us. 

• Outside zone. Again, Snacks is a monster, so you have to run outside and get Snacks running sideways. But we do that very well. I expect a good game from both Cook and Mattison. 

Read on Twitter some Viking fan bemoaning the loss of Mahomes, saying that the Chiefs would have been our "barometer game." No, THIS is our barometer game. I think we matchup well against the Chiefs. And we'll kill the Redskins in Mpls. So winning this game will be huge, especially if we do it in a convincing fashion. I'll just take the win. 

Vikings 24
Lions 20

17-13 Vikes

Vikings  27

Lions     20

Vikes will tame the Kitties 27 - 16

[Image: 57xem5n45gfr.jpeg]
Vikings come out on top, 27-13.  B) 

Vikings 23
Lions 20

Cook and Mattison go for a buck eighty...Lions score late to make it close...

Hulkamania running wild  Cook /Mattison roll up 160+

Vikings 34/ Stafford 7 sacks and a paltry 17 points

27-17 Norse

If Cousins doesn't turn the ball over the Vikings win.