Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins named Fed Ex Air Player of the Week - Wk 6

That's awesome. Congrats Captain Kirk.

Congrats. I wanna see how he plays @ Detroit.  

If he doesn't turn the ball, I wanna see if the Vikes win. 

Good for him. Not sure if Kirk looks at this as any kind of anything, but at the least it illustrates that he had a good game on Sunday. 

He's a very capable and accurate thrower, he's got the ability beyond throwing short. Its the consistency that Minnesota needs to enable. 

And imagine 2 weeks ago thos fan base was ready to trade him for Keenum, Flacco or any other old horse that had thrown a shoe.... not that two weeks makes a season let alone defined a player,   but look at him now,  look at him now.

I hope he can keep finding what ever it is that he been using the last couple weeks because he will need it once the defenses start getting tougher.  Every QB needs these stat padding cream puffs for confidence,  let's see if KC can carry it forward.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
And imagine 2 weeks ago thos fan base was ready to trade him for Keenum, Flacco or any other old horse that had thrown a shoe.... not that two weeks makes a season let alone defined a player,   but look at him now,  look at him now.

Oh I think those people remain, they aren't in this thread however. For me, I can compliment Cousins and understand he can be a very accurate passer but it doesn't take away from the fact the Vikings need to draft a QB high next Spring and let him sit behind Kirk. That's the prudent and smart way to go. Look at a guy like Russell Wilson: he's never had a losing season....on any level...EVER. He's elevating his team. He's had HORRIBLE line protection in his career at times and still makes things happen. Not saying those types are easy to get, but you have to try and get a guy at QB that can win without everything else around him being optimal. That's not Cousins. The NFL is too volatile to try and make that happen as a strategy outside catching lightning in a bottle for one year. I think this is where Minnesota made a mistake. 

I can root for Cousins, like Kirk as a guy, but desperately want the franchise to draft the heir apparent in the upcoming NFL Draft. Cousins is set in life: he'll have gotten $84 million guaranteed from the Vikings. He's got a very nice family. If he were to retire after this contract, would anyone blame him? He's been relatively injury-free his career and he could walk away from the game healthy and the likelihood of any long-term ailments at almost zero. Not saying he would do that and very probably he'll continue to play but he'll be close to 33 years old at the end of his Viking's contract. And you are seeing the smarter guys that have gotten their bags of $$$ as a recent trend in the NFL walk away sooner rather than later. Now I say this under the premise that Cousins will not be resigned in Minnesota. I think that is unlikely. JMO.

Good for Kirk.

When the dude gets protection? He's a damn fine QB. 

When he doesnt? Looks like Flacco vs The Chiefs. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Good for Kirk.

When he doesnt? Looks like Flacco vs The Broncos. 
Yep. And I understand that even the best QBs aren't as sharp without protection. Totally get that. But some are a lot better than others in that environment. 

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I think Kirk is in for some rough sledding Sunday and most of the renewed optimism about Mr. Cousins is going to evaporate. Would love to be wrong.

I agree the Detroit D should not be overlooked, but they aint the Bears...They'll be PO'ed too after that Lamblow game. 

Patricia will play a lot of man on Thielen and Diggs. This should be quite the game. I suspect we'll be mentioning Cook more next week -- for good reasons. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Good for Kirk.

When he doesnt? Looks like Flacco vs The Broncos. 
Agreed.  If our O line does its job, he should have a great game.  Cook and Mattison should keep the Lions D honest.

So Cap'n, take a bow.  You earned it!  Skol!