Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone missing Mike Priefer?
....yeah, didn't think so. I still think he's a decent coach, but it was time for a change in Minnesota.

Boy the mighty do fall. I remember talk about him being HC material.

I talk no glee in peoples failures, and it was time for him to move on. 

Bout as much as I miss Childress

Not really. They flashed up a stat that we are #1 in starting field position. We have given up a couple big returns, but we also blocked a punt. And at some point #35 is going to break one. The big difference was we were prepared for the fake FG...that seemed to be a big shortcoming under Prief...

I've been really impressed with our special teams this season.  I was dubious about adding Colquitt just prior to the season...  but he must be a great holder because Bailey looks like the Dan Bailey in his prime with the Cowboys.  I'm not nervous when he lines up for a FG...  I just expect it to go in. 

Being ready for that fake FG was impressive as well...  I'm not sure we would have stopped that under Priefer.  Excellent start to the year for our special teams.

Yeah, he owes me 5 bucks.  Probably the best five bucks I've spent in a while.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I've been really impressed with our special teams this season.  I was dubious about adding Colquitt just prior to the season...  but he must be a great holder because Bailey looks like the Dan Bailey in his prime with the Cowboys.  I'm not nervous when he lines up for a FG...  I just expect it to go in. 

Being ready for that fake FG was impressive as well...  I'm not sure we would have stopped that under Priefer.  Excellent start to the year for our special teams.
My palms get wet still...but the young do bounce back better from trauma...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
....yeah, didn't think so. I still think he's a decent coach, but it was time for a change in Minnesota.
That fake field goal and the Vikings readiness was a blistering example of pfrifer vs. maalouf.

A new st coach, new deep snapper, new holder and a punter they picked up 5 days before game one......

That's a lot new moving parts for any coach to deal with .

It's a work in progress, and no one expects perfection but there's consistency where there wasn't in past.

maalouf and kubiak's influence IMO really showed up on the field against the eagles. My guess is the same thing will play out over this next 4 game stretch. Gonna be fun to watch.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@StickyBun said:
That fake field goal and the Vikings readiness was a blistering example of pfrifer vs. maalouf.

A new st coach, new deep snapper, new holder and a punter they picked up 5 days before game one......

That's a lot new moving parts for any coach to deal with .

It's a work in progress, and no one expects perfection but there's consistency where there wasn't in past.

maalouf and kubiak's influence IMO really showed up on the field against the eagles. My guess is the same thing will play out over this next 4 game stretch. Gonna be fun to watch.
Sorry,  butt what the hell did Kubiak have to do with the starting defense defending a fake field goal? 

I know the fans are excited to have Kubiak involved,   but now he is influencing defensive special teams plays?

EDIT:  I can see that he might not have been saying what I thought he was saying when I first read it....my bad.... and yes get the fuck off my lawn or I will turn the dogs on you.

He's saying that Kube's impact is being seen as well as Maalouf's.I

Grouch.