Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins outlasts his critics

If Cousins and the Vikings blow past the Lions, I might be incline to start leaning in that direction...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
If Cousins and the Vikings blow past the Lions, I might be incline to start leaning in that direction...
Agreed. I'm not near full buy in yet. But that's fine. I've seen the script a million times, I know how the story ends. I'm a Vikings fan. One game at a time, that way I can keep the hope going until its inevitably crushed.

The article was pointing to the fact that Cousins has outlasted his critics throughout his football career...  high school, college, and the NFL.  He was never "the guy" and had to compete for his job at every level.

Hopefully the article is a bit of foreshadowing and he can really stick it to his critics (including me) by winning a Super Bowl this season.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@ArizonaViking said:
Agreed. I'm not near full buy in yet. But that's fine. I've seen the script a million times, I know how the story ends. I'm a Vikings fan. One game at a time, that way I can keep the hope going until its inevitably crushed.
But when would you (or anyone else) ever be full buy in? People overreact to his bad games and overreact to his good games...basically declaring "this" is who he is now.  Well, he's both. And neither. And a hundred degrees in between based on match up, game plan, condition of his offensive line, supporting cast, etc. Trying to figure out who he is is a shell game. 

I suspect the remainder of the season will be a lot like last year. Give him protection and a good match up and he'll explode. He'll look elite even. Don't, and he might just implode. Basically, to borrow a phrase from Uncle Denny, he is who we thought he was.  

One more good game out of KC won't erase my concerns, but I'll sure enjoy it. 

Kurt is writing chapters of his novel now. How it ends? Who the heck knows. I sure could use a storybook ending in my football life.