Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: How About Those Twins?
Nice to see them hanging around still.  Anyone as pleasantly surprised as me?  Check out the standings here: Click the Wild Card tab http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp?ymd=20170811.

Not too shabby, eh - Go Twins!  B)

sshhh,  maybe if we dont talk about them they wont notice that people are watching and will keep playing competitive ball. =)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
sshhh,  maybe if we dont talk about them they wont notice that people are watching and will keep playing competitive ball. =)
Yeah, I was thinking I probably just ended the winning streak with this post.  Naah - Go Twins!

It's too bad that the organization gave up on this season a few weeks ago right before the trade deadline.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
It's too bad that the organization gave up on this season a few weeks ago right before the trade deadline.
No shit...  I thought we got a good return for Garcia, but we took cash and a prospect for Kintzler.  Anytime you take cash, you didn't get good value...  And a good closer is worth it's weight in gold in the postseason.  Kintzler wasn't a stud, but it's just one less reliable arm in a below average group of relievers.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:
No shit...  I thought we got a good return for Garcia, but we took cash and a prospect for Kintzler.  Anytime you take cash, you didn't get good value...  And a good closer is worth it's weight in gold in the postseason.  Kintzler wasn't a stud, but it's just one less reliable arm in a below average group of relievers.
Except for the fact that his contract was up at year end....that deal had me wanting to beat the shit out of a pholad.

6 game win streak...  now we have Santana and Berrios along the mound over the weekend...  I smell VICTORY.

BOOM

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:
Except for the fact that his contract was up at year end....that deal had me wanting to beat the shit out of a pholad.

Kintzler trade was a bust. Kid we got has like 8.00 ERA in A ball.

Hopefully we simply re-sign Kintzler in the offseason.

Quote: @Proudhorn said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

Kintzler trade was a bust. Kid we got has like 8.00 ERA in A ball.

Hopefully we simply re-sign Kintzler in the offseason.
Yeah,  we certainly weren't trading for the future there...well the pohlad financial future maybe.

Giving the front office the middle finger lol!