Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Classroom Joe Burrow

Burrow has looked transformed in his senior season. Through seven weeks (six games, for Burrow), the LSU redshirt senior passer leads the country in both completion percentage, 79.6%, and passer rating, 218.11. Both numbers would be single-season FBS records, if they hold. Burrow is also tied for second in touchdowns passes with 25, trailing only presumptive No.1 overall selection Tua Tagovailoa
While one might be inclined to believe a sudden leap the likes of Burrow’s would be dependent on highlights, that has been far from the case. Burrow’s dominance has been boring in a way. He does not have a big arm and he is not a particularly daring or creative player. Rather, Burrow shows a deep understanding of LSU’s new spread offense and throws with the best accuracy of any passer in college football. Burrow does not make many exciting plays, but he almost always makes the right play and capitalizes on opportunities.

He's going to go top 10 in the Draft and the Vikings won't get a sniff. 

Could very well be...so hard to say for sure but it definitely would not surprise me...

Would it destroy team chemistry? Send the wrong message? 

If the team made bold move-up in the draft for a qb next year???

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Would it destroy team chemistry? Send the wrong message? 

If the team made bold move-up in the draft for a qb next year???
KC did almost the exact same move when they traded up for Mahomes. Alex Smith got one more year and then he was gone. Their move was actually "worse" from an optics standpoint because Smith was under contract for longer than Cousins is.
If the Vikings think a QB is THE guy and they can get him, it's a move you have to make. Feelings be damned.
Also, not sure if you watch Hard Knocks but this year was the Raiders. I forget which players it was, but they were talking about when Derek Carr first entered the league as a rookie. The players were remembering how good he looked in practice compared to the existing starter, Matt Schaub. This was before even the preseason, the players were just as hyped up about the new QB as fans would be. Cousins > Schaub obviously but my point is, even if Cousins has a lot of friends on the team, players want to win.
I personally don't think chemistry would be a big issue, IF the QB we draft flashes a lot of potential.

I love watching what he is doing right now. But Walter Football has him ranked 9th in the draft for QBS

[Image: LSU_logo.gif] Joe Burrow*, QB, LSU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 216.
  1. Projected 40 Time: 4.83.
    Projected Round (2020): 3-5.
    10/17/19: Burrow has completed 80 percent of his passes this year for 2,157 yards with 25 touchdowns and three interceptions.

In speaking to a few directors of college scouting for NFL teams, they felt that Burrow has looked good so far but still has some holes to fix. They thought that he is an efficient game manager with prototypical size. They want to to see him take care of the ball but believe he could play himself into a solidified standing on Day 3 with a second-day ceiling.

8/15/19: Burrow flashed at times for LSU in 2018, showing some size and running ability. The Ohio State transfer completed 58 percent of his passes last season for 2,894 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions. He ran for 399 yards and seven scores. Burrow needs to become more accurate and improve his pocket passing in 2019.