Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Minnesota resign Rudolph?
I've never been a huge fan of the guy. He's a lumberer, always has been. Now he's a blocker. LOL, ok.....when Morgan comes back, what's he going to do?

A mistake bringing him back, IMO.

I think it was a cap saving move to be honest...  and Minnesota didn't want to thrust a rookie TE into a prominent role on the team.

TE is one of those positions where it truly takes until Year 2 for a guy to start emerging.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I've never been a huge fan of the guy. He's a lumberer, always has been. Now he's a blocker. LOL, ok.....when Morgan comes back, what's he going to do?

I think one of the only things we are in absolute agreement.  

Never understood it.  

He should have been much better.  

I always liked him. He's been one constant leader on a revolving door offense.
I really hoped they'd resigned him.
You can blame me I guess.

I remember watching him win the pro bowl MVP years ago and hoped he'd be that dominating TE.  He had good hands and was a solid Red Zone target.

But his speed decline has been painful to watch over the last few years. It was good seeing him catch a few passes on Sunday though.

Cap savings and sloth like speed in the open field...

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@StickyBun said:

I think one of the only things we are in absolute agreement.  

Never understood it.  

He should have been much better.  
Well, this and politics......

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I think it was a cap saving move to be honest...  and Minnesota didn't want to thrust a rookie TE into a prominent role on the team.

TE is one of those positions where it truly takes until Year 2 for a guy to start emerging.
^^^

This - just a matter of time till Irv Smith's coming out party...

No, not that kind.

I think it was wise to resign him. Most rookie TEs take a few years before they're ready to contribute. It would've been foolish to go into the season with Tyler Conklin and a rookie, considering Morgan was hurt. 

The guy knows how to play TE, and he's a mentor to the young Irv Smith and the other young TEs.  Rudy will make great plays for us this year, but so will Smith, and how far he comes along might be from contributions from Rudy.