Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some questions...
Is Mattison as good as I think he is? 
Am I the only one who thinks Waynes is struggling? Even more than XR?
Is Eric Kendricks having an All Pro year to-date?
Whats your over/under before they really get Irv Smith more involved? (and not piss off the WR's)

I mentioned mattison in my things I like thread.  Think he is probably a better pound beef between the tackles type.

I think waynes played great.  XR was rolled back in lots of zones with the mobile QB

And yes Kendricks is dynomite this year

I think some folks get a thought in their mind (like Waynes is a below average CB) and they can't get it out of their head, no matter what they see.  
Case in point: I thought Sirles was going to be good player for us.

Waynes is a little inconsistent yet.  It usually happens on deep routes where he thinks his elite speed can bail him out.  That said, he was never as bad as some fans thought, but he's not playing better than Rhodes like I've seen some posters suggest.  He might have a better game than Rhodes here and there, but Rhodes played really well yesterday.  The long pass and the TD pass to Alshon were both on Waynes.  Rhodes gave up a couple short screens, but that's it.

I'm really loving Mattison.  I have a hard time telling the difference between him and Cook in games at times.  And it's not because they both have dreads...  Lol...  their running styles are very similar.  Quick cuts and get upfield.  Despite a ton of fan angst after the draft, Mattison is the real deal.  He's a major upgrade over Latavius and can be a workhorse RB if Cook ever misses any games.

What I am seeing with Mattison is that while he has a different (more downhill) style than Cook's slashing style, he has quicker breakaway speed than Murray, and there is more consistency in running style than differences, allowing the OL to know how to block with consistency.  There is no apparent fall-off with Mattison, but let's not anoint him as the "new Dalvin".  He broke off one big run to pad yesterday's stats.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
What I am seeing with Mattison is that while he has a different (more downhill) style than Cook's slashing style, he has quicker breakaway speed than Murray, and there is more consistency in running style than differences, allowing the OL to know how to block with consistency.  There is no apparent fall-off with Mattison, but let's not anoint him as the "new Dalvin".  He broke off one big run to pad yesterday's stats.
I'm just content with the one/two punch of Cook/Mattison...fresh legs and keep moving the chains is just fine with me...

Mattison has no doubt been a surprise.  A damn good one at that.  He is a great back up and could be a damn good starter.  Always fighting and falling forward, deceptive speed, and loves to run between the tackles.  
If this damn OL can get better throughout (which you can reasonably expect with new schemes being implemented), this running offense can be dominate down the stretch especially versus bad run defenses (KC, Dallas, Wash, GB, LA)

I like Mattison as well.  I've been thinking we'd be 'okay' if Cook were to miss some time (knock on wood that doesn't happen).  They've hardly had to use Boone and Abdullah in the running game but I'd feel alright with them backing up AM if necessary.

Kendricks and Barr are both playing well most of the time (other than chasing running backs downfield occasionally).

I do wish they'd get Irv a bit more involved.  Two weeks in a row now they've thrown that screen pass to Rudolph with room for him to run, which is not really his strong suit.  I'd like to see Irv get a shot at that play...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Is Mattison as good as I think he is?  I thought by the end of the season a lot of folks would be talking about Cook and Mattison being one of the best duos in the NFL. It's Week 7 and I think they're already there. Cook can make a guy miss in a phone booth, Mattison is a North/South runner that hits whoever tackles him. They can both catch and block. Mattison will improve as the season moves along . 

Am I the only one who thinks Waynes is struggling? Even more than XR? I don't see it. He has speed that XR doesn't have. 

Is Eric Kendricks having an All Pro year to-date? Agreed. Yesterday the eagles ran bunched trips right for a quick pass on 3rd down and picked up 6 yards. Second time they did it EK sniffed it out and they lost 2 yards. That was impressive.

Whats your over/under before they really get Irv Smith more involved? (and not piss off the WR's) When Morgan returns with Rudy, Smith  and Conklin  there's  going to be  mismatches. That's when I can see Smith getting a lot more balls thrown his way.