Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer vs Pederson
My biggest concern in this game among many, is our coaching match-up.  The way to beat the Eagles is to throw the ball, not run it into their front seven.  I don’t think Zimmer has it in him to let that happen.  

They’ll run until they get behind by too much to matter.

Well, Zimmer has beaten Pederson before...and in Philadelphia. But I hear what you are saying. Pederson is probably more likely to have a better gameplan than Zimmer, IMO. 

Have to beat a decent team at home this Sunday. Have to.

Some keys to winning this game...  we can't let Jordan Howard pound it up the middle on us and let Philly have a bunch of 3rd and shorts.  We also need to contain Ertz and not let him make big plays down the middle of the field.  I fully expect Rhodes to keep Alshon in check and Philly doesn't have any other WRs that scare me. 

Cousins needs to play a good game and make quick decisions.  If he's running around holding the ball back there, Philly's front 7 will eat him up.  We'll lose if Cousins has multiple turnovers.

Hopefully Stefanski and Kubiak have a good game plan to slow down that Philly pass rush and get Cousins in a rhythm early.  This is a critical game and could be a turning point in the season.  

I am betting we try to do the play action and roll Cousins out like we did against the Giants.  I cannot believe that the Giants didn't contain that better and a number of times end up with the end chasing and trying to catch up to Cousins.
I am betting the Eagles have their end stay home and put a stop to that which is going to cut way down on Cousins ability to pass effectively in this game.  We better be coming with some new wrinkles.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Some keys to winning this game...  we can't let Jordan Howard pound it up the middle on us and let Philly have a bunch of 3rd and shorts.  We also need to contain Ertz and not let him make big plays down the middle of the field.  I fully expect Rhodes to keep Alshon in check and Philly doesn't have any other WRs that scare me. 

Cousins needs to play a good game and make quick decisions.  If he's running around holding the ball back there, Philly's front 7 will eat him up.  We'll lose if Cousins has multiple turnovers.

Hopefully Stefanski and Kubiak have a good game plan to slow down that Philly pass rush and get Cousins in a rhythm early.  This is a critical game and could be a turning point in the season.  
You’re more optimistic on the Rhodes - Jeffrey match-up than I am. 

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
My biggest concern in this game among many, is our coaching match-up.  The way to beat the Eagles is to throw the ball, not run it into their front seven.  I don’t think Zimmer has it in him to let that happen.  

They’ll run until they get behind by too much to matter.
cuz we ran it 3 straight times to start the game in chicago...  /or not.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@Wetlander said:

You’re more optimistic on the Rhodes - Jeffrey match-up than I am. 
Rhodes has had more problems with small, speed guys...  Alshon is tall and lanky, and not very shifty or fast.  Rhodes should have no problem locking him up IMO.

Who goes off the field first with a minor ding, Alshon or Rhodes?

Quote: @Wetlander said:

Stopping Howard is the first priority. Sometimes the Vikings D is a bit vulnerable to the run. They won't likely stop Ertz but need to at least limit him, and that will be no easy task.
Cousins holds the ball too long and is slow to make decisions. Stefanski needs to craft a game plan to include quick passes and screens, with occasional deep throws, to help Kirk out. 
I think you have nailed the keys to victory in this game.
Gonna need all three phases to play well to win this game.

That fake FG...Moufasa was ready for it...I'd say for once on all three phases, we were the better coached team...not a lot of flags either...