Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings miss Richardson's pressure inside
Last year's starting DTs (Joseph/Richardson): 26 pressures thru 5 games.  
This year's starting DTs (Joseph/Stephen): 7 pressures thru 5 games

HOWEVER, total defensive pressures: Up from 94 to 103 thru 5 games

Nothing like pressure up the middle.

Richardson didn't come off the field. So, to get a true gauge, we'd have to add in Weatherly, Hercules, and Odenigbo. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Richardson didn't come off the field. So, to get a true gauge, we'd have to add in Weatherly, Hercules, and Odenigbo. 
Good point. But I'll guess it'll still be lacking in comparison. But yep, there's a lot more committee in that spot opposite Joseph now.

Better headline, Vikings miss Rchardson's pressure like he missed tackles on run plays last year.

I think we're just on a more blitz heavy scheme right now.  Not 100%, but thats my gut opinion.

I hope we hear Hurcules make some noise starting on Sunday.

I don't see that.  I see a fresh group late in the game pressing the pocket.  And both of our starting defensive ends are leading the league in Defensive Pressures somebody gotta be holding up the middle.  

Another way to think about it:

Eric Kendricks might be having the best start to a season ever. Those DT's have to be doing something right?

Quote: @greediron said:
Better headline, Vikings miss Rchardson's pressure like he missed tackles on run plays last year.
Zing!!

Where's Jalyn Holmes been?  There was talk of him breaking out this season, but I can't say I've noticed if he's been on the field or not.