Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Cousins got a call from the President?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/07/kirk-cousins-gets-a-congratulatory-phone-call-from-the-president

President Trump took a break from the controversies swirling around him to call a quarterback who has had controveries swirling around him.Via WCCO, the Commander-in-Chief called Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins after Minnesota’s victory against the New York Giants. A team spokesperson said that Trump called to “briefly congratulate him and the Vikings on the win in New York.”
Trump is a New York native. In the 1980s, he owned the New Jersey Generals of the USFL.
Coincidentally, the President will visit Minneapolis on Thursday, conducting a rally at the Target Center. Even more coincidentally, Trump and Cousins discussed the rally during the call. Cousins will not be attending the rally.
While playing for Washington, Cousins golfed with the President in 2017.

Lol. Makes sense. He is having a rally here this week. 

In other news: Trump's ratings plummet in Minnesota

What an honor.

Quote: @greediron said:
'tis true.

I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, am not a fan...  B) 

Quote: @Kentis said:
I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, am not a fan...  B) 

Speechless. Every day, I am speechless. On that note, I should exit this thread.

My Minnesota upbringing taught me to respect the office even though may not agree with the officeholder.  Has come in handy over the years...  Gonna be another year where I don't care for either party's nominee.  

Quote: @greediron said:
Before I read who posted it, I read that as "Cousins ratings plummet in Minnesota," which is probably more accurate. So I find it hard to believe that Cousins took the call. Holy shit. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
Before I read who posted it, I read that as "Cousins ratings plummet in Minnesota," which is probably more accurate. So I find it hard to believe that Cousins took the call. Holy shit. 
Why is it surprising?  He may not be the best QB in the NFL but all accounts that I've read, he's great guy!  Why not speak to the President?  How many people ever get a call from POTUS?  Sad commentary when sports players are "too good" to speak to the President.  Happened with Obama and has happened with Trump.  Whatever happened to civility and agree to disagree?