Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEY STICKY! TDN > CBS Mock Draft. You'll Love This
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/tul...-draft-1.0.

Two of my early targets gone before our pick...make sure to open the fly out on the selection...

His mock loses a lot of credibility with him picking the 49ers to go to Super Bowl!  I think we definitely will have to be picking a QB in round 1 and think we will be picking higher than that.  

Aside from Herbert, Love , and Fromm I do not like anyone else right now and we wont be able to draft any of them.  

I actually like any of Mariota, Carr and Teddy in this offense, so there could be other options but maybe Cousins guarantees screws those ideas, i dont really pay much attention to contracts/cap stuff

Quote: @JR44 said:
His mock loses a lot of credibility with him picking the 49ers to go to Super Bowl!  I think we definitely will have to be picking a QB in round 1 and think we will be picking higher than that.  
Oh man, I didn't get that far lol...

Yep, I would 'Love' that pick. Eason or Love, book it

And the money shot:

The appeal with Love has always been his physical traits and what those can develop into. Love has terrific size, mobility and arm talent. His release is rapid and his flashes of ball placement to every level of the field are exciting. Field vision, awareness, reading coverage rotations and decision-making are still the major warts in Love’s game. They have showed up consistently this season, but especially against Wake Forest in Week One where he tossed three interceptions and the Demon Deacons dropped a fourth. Dating back to the start of 2018, Love has thrown five interceptions in matchups against Power Five competition. 
Utah State and Love are four touchdown underdogs to LSU, and I don’t foresee Love correcting all of his weaknesses against the most talented defense he’s ever faced. But just like fellow Mountain West passers Carr and Allen, the promise of top traits to develop define Love’s draft stock more than how he fares against LSU. Remember that before you bury Love as a first-round prospect if he struggles against the Tigers on Saturday. 
To me, he's another prototypical QB prospect that everyone will gush over who lacks in one of the most critical abilities, decision making. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
And the money shot:

The appeal with Love has always been his physical traits and what those can develop into. Love has terrific size, mobility and arm talent. His release is rapid and his flashes of ball placement to every level of the field are exciting. Field vision, awareness, reading coverage rotations and decision-making are still the major warts in Love’s game. They have showed up consistently this season, but especially against Wake Forest in Week One where he tossed three interceptions and the Demon Deacons dropped a fourth. Dating back to the start of 2018, Love has thrown five interceptions in matchups against Power Five competition. 
Utah State and Love are four touchdown underdogs to LSU, and I don’t foresee Love correcting all of his weaknesses against the most talented defense he’s ever faced. But just like fellow Mountain West passers Carr and Allen, the promise of top traits to develop define Love’s draft stock more than how he fares against LSU. Remember that before you bury Love as a first-round prospect if he struggles against the Tigers on Saturday. 
To me, he's another prototypical QB prospect that everyone will gush over who lacks in one of the most critical abilities, decision making. 
I can understand that, but at the same time guys like Fromm are the same guys like Will Grier who has the same traits: their upside ceiling is Case Keenum. And that's as good as they'll get. That's not what you want. I think players like Eason and Love definitely are risky for the reasons you mention but their potential upsides are huge. If you don't have the arm talent to make NFL throws consistently, your decision making becomes much less a factor because you can't make the throws and they don't get attempted.. You're limited then. Its like Josh Allen of the Bills: he's getting better but it takes time. But his talent is undeniable. JMO. 

• [Image: Utah%20State%20University.png]
    Utah State junior QB Jordan Love completed just 15-of-30 passing attempts for 130 yards with three interceptions in a 42-6 loss on Saturday to LSU.Well, this was kinda ugly. To be fair to Love, he was better than these stats suggest; he was consistently under pressure even when LSU only rushed three, and there were some balls that should have been caught. That being said, this was mostly an unimpressive effort from the 6-foot-4, 220-pound quarterback, and he didn't look like a potential first-round pick playing against a team that has several likely NFL defenders. The Aggies get a bye next week before taking on Nevada that next Saturday.
    Oct 5, 2019, 3:23 PM ET

Throwing another name in the mix
  • [Image: Louisiana%20State%20University.png]
    LSU senior QB Joe Burrow threw for 344 yards with five touchdowns and an interception on 27-of-38 passing and ran for 42 yards and a touchdown in a 42-6 thrashing of Utah State on Saturday.Burrow got off to a bit of a rough start -- at least by his lofty standards -- as he missed high on a throw that was picked off by Utah State and set up a field goal to make the score 7-6 LSU. It was smooth sailing from there, however, as Burrow found a host of receivers and also showed off his underrated scrambling ability with the 42 yards and a score. The former Ohio State transfer has been sensational, and now has a 22-3 TD/INT ratio on the year. Next week presents an interesting challenge, as the 6-foot-4, 216-pound signal-caller takes on Florida on October 12.
    Oct 5, 2019, 3:22 PM ET