Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lambs can dream too, ya' know!

Quote: @Ralphie said:
https://ramblinfan.com/2019/10/02/los-an...-deadline/

Kline, Joseph and Rhodes...oh my! Wink

See, this is what one crap game does in today's over-communication nation. In four days, the Vikings go from "11 dominant quarters" and the NFL's s biggest success story in Dalvin Cook...

....to firing everyone in charge, dismantling the team and tanking for Tua. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Ralphie said:

See, this is what one crap game does in today's over-communication nation. In four days, the Vikings go from "11 dominant quarters" and the NFL's s biggest success story in Dalvin Cook...

I agree. There has been a lot of overreaction to the last game. Though I feel this team is a .500 team, they have potential to be much better. 

I don't blame the Viking fans for over-reacting...

Years of pent-up frustration re-ignited with a BITTER loss @ GB and then an EMBARASSING one @ Chicago.

It just doesn't matter in early October that we'll get another shot at both these teams end of season at home. I hope those games matter by Xmas. 

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Ralphie said:

I agree. There has been a lot of overreaction to the last game. Though I feel this team is a .500 team, they have potential to be much better. 
I see it the opposite. This is an 11 win team with the potential to be much, much worse. 

@jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Ralphie said:

I see it the opposite. This is an 11 win team with the potential to be much, much worse. 
If it weren't for Cousins, I would feel the same way. With Cousins it's an 8 win team at best.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Ralphie said:

If it weren't for Cousins, I would feel the same way. With Cousins it's an 8 win team at best.
Again, I say the opposite. It's an 8 win team at worst.

Even if we don't improve our passing game, which would be pretty surprising--not to mention infuriating, this is still a team who runs the ball pretty well, plays pretty good defense, and doesn't have to play Chicago every week. And, after next week, has all of its remaining divisional opponents at home. 

The only thing that would change my mind is if this "woe is us, we can't have nice things" attitude which has infected the fan base en masse, starts to infect the team itself. I should say "continues" to infect the team because we've already seen a bit of it. 

@jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Ralphie said:

Even if we don't improve our passing game, which would be pretty surprising--not to mention infuriating, this is still a team who runs the ball pretty well, plays pretty good defense, and doesn't have to play Chicago every week. And, after next week, has all of its remaining divisional opponents at home. 

The only thing that would change my mind is if this "woe is us, we can't have nice things" attitude which has infected the fan base en masse, starts to infect the team itself. I should say "continues" to infect the team because we've already seen a bit of it. 
Hell I think it started with the team,   when AT lashed out at Cousins last year,  it started (not blaming AT,  just saying)  when Diggs skipped OTAs and the rumors of him wanting out, it fanned the flames, Diggs latest pout fest,  the team not being ready to play .... the fans were all on board for this year,  its looking like the team wasnt or at least are falling off as fast as the fans.   this fan base needed Diggs to step up to that podium yesterday and put that shit to rest... he didnt do that,  he poured diesel on it. (slower burn with much more stink and smoke than gas)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Ralphie said:

Hell I think it started with the team,   when AT lashed out at Cousins last year,  it started (not blaming AT,  just saying)  when Diggs skipped OTAs and the rumors of him wanting out, it fanned the flames, Diggs latest pout fest,  the team not being ready to play .... the fans were all on board for this year,  its looking like the team wasnt or at least are falling off as fast as the fans.   this fan base needed Diggs to step up to that podium yesterday and put that shit to rest... he didnt do that,  he poured diesel on it. (slower burn with much more stink and smoke than gas)
Fair point. But these things tend to blow over with a couple of W's. All I'm saying is that this is a very talented team but its collective psyche is at the edge of a cliff. I don't think we've gone over it yet, but we're teetering. 

I never played wide receiver, but I would imagine the most frustrating thing in the world is to repeatedly run downfield at full speed, put everything into selling your route (which if you watch the film, both Thielen and Diggs continue to do with remarkable consistency), become wide open....and not get the ball. Over and over. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Ralphie said:

Fair point. But these things tend to blow over with a couple of W's. All I'm saying is that this is a very talented team but its collective psyche is at the edge of a cliff. I don't think we've gone over it yet, but we're teetering. 

I never played wide receiver, but I would imagine the most frustrating thing in the world is to repeatedly run downfield at full speed, put everything into selling your route (which if you watch the film, both Thielen and Diggs continue to do with remarkable consistency), become wide open....and not get the ball. Over and over. 
I am sure its maddening,  but they arent getting socked in the mouth on every other drop back.... sure KC is getting paid a lot of money,  but  I am pretty sure that getting slobber knocked wasnt part of the signing bonus.  just like I will defend a WR that gets alligator arms across the middle when the QB hangs them out to dry to often,  I am going to protect a QB that starts hearing footsteps and get tunnel vision after getting piss pounded by an OL that closely resembles a colander.  this O has a lot of issues and they arent all on KC.  its all been rehashed to death,  but our favorite team is a long way from being considered a playoff contender and they dont seem to be trending in the right direction.  something has to change and I dont think it will come from a few cheesy wins over teams that are already looking at their draft board.