Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XR: "I hurt the team playing injured last year"
Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes is healthy now. He obviously hopes that remains the case, but if not, he might not try to play through injuries the way he did last season. 
Rhodes missed two games in 2018 while having foot and groin issues and also was hampered during the season by hamstring and hip problems. He said it was unwise playing at times when he was injured. 
“I was out there and I hurt my team by being out there,’’ Rhodes said in an interview with the Pioneer Press. “(This season), if I can play through (an injury), yeah. If I can’t, no. I’m not going to force myself to go out there. … I need to better understand my body and better understand the injury. 
“We had depth last year (in the secondary), but it was the fact that it was my mentality, I just didn’t want to be out. I didn’t want to sit out. This year I have to realize that, if I’m hurt, if I can’t go, I have to accept that instead of just fighting through an injury.’’ 
Rhodes made the Pro Bowl in 2016 and 2017 and also was named All-Pro in 2017. Last season, in the first year that a five-year, $70 million contract extension kicked in, he received no postseason honors. 
https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/14/vi...mentality/