Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outside of Minnesota viewers
There has been discussion about ways to watch the games etc... alternatives to The Sunday Ticket.  I'm curious what you would be willing to pay to watch the games, I'm working on an option (legal option) that would allow you to watch the games.  You would also have year round access to the twin cities channels.
I've added a poll on what you would be willing to pay for access, (after initial equipment cost which would be approximately 150 dollars

at $20 a month, you are creeping up near the $99 for NFL Pass.

I'm probably wouldn't be interested as what I think you have in mind, I could do as I have plenty of friends/family in Minnesota. 
For clarity, are you talking per month throughout the calendar year, or just football season?

And FYI, I pay $99 for the Sunday Ticket streaming package.

My problem is that I'll be working Sundays now, so I'd probably have to get the NFL Game Pass to watch the game rewinds during the week when I have the time. I believe it was you Papa that suggested the Slingbox as another alternative, right?

I put 20 bucks a month, but the question I have is would it be internet based with some lag/delay or just like watching on live tv.

Guess I'd need more info on just how I'd be viewing the games.  Not easy to answer a question regarding how much I'd pay for something without know exactly what I'd be getting.

Yeah, I'm talking about using a slingbox, with an OTA tuner.    It's what I use now, but my MIL has direct tv.  
I would look for a space that could be rented that would have the ability to 1. have a TV antenna access, space for the slingbox(s) 3. internet access.
the OTA tuner would have the ability to record if accompanied with a Flash Drive.
Just trying to gauge if it's even a worthwhile endeavor obviously the more people that would do it the less cost it would be.  costs mainly would be internet access and rental space. 

my question would be how is it legal?  Direct TV has the rights to all out of market games.

Quote: @"SDCAVIKESFAN" said:
my question would be how is it legal?  Direct TV has the rights to all out of market games.
You buy the sling box and you rent the space the feed is free broadcast over the air 

Why not just go to a sports bar, spend the same money on a few beers and get the best of both worlds (along with finding some other Vikings fans in your neighborhood).