Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britton Colquitt says he was signed by Vikings as much for holding as punting
Colquitt has been holding in the NFL for 10 years while Beebe has been doing it for about a month.
“I’m going to confidently say I’m better than him at that,’’ Colquitt said with a laugh.
The Vikings signed Colquitt on Sunday to be their new punter and holder. They waived punter Matt Wile, one reason being that head coach Mike Zimmer was displeased with his holding.
During training camp, Zimmer tried out other holders, including Beebe. He even did it in one preseason game.
“That’s one of the things they told me when they were signing me is that’s a very important thing to them,’’ Colquitt said of holding. “It’s not like, ‘Hey, you’re a good punter.’ It was, ‘We need you to help this holding situation.’ So I’m excited to do that. … I feel very confident in my holding.’’
Colquitt, 34, also is known as a darn good punter. He averaged 45.5 yards gross and 39.6 net while playing for Denver from 2010-15 and for Cleveland the last three seasons.
https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/01/britton-colquitt-says-he-was-signed-by-vikings-as-much-for-holding-as-punting/

Good luck, we need a strong positive effort on both FG and punting teams!  Weird management try going for a veteran before giving a pick for VedVik (sp, future trivial pursuit sports question)