Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to sign QB Jake Browning, tackle Aviante Collins to practice squad
The Vikings are signing quarterback Jake Browning to the practice squad, a source said Sunday.

The Vikings on Saturday waived the undrafted rookie from Washington and he cleared waivers on Sunday.
The Vikings kept just two quarterbacks on the active roster in starter Kirk Cousins and backup Sean Mannion. They waived third-stringer Kyle Sloter on Saturday.
Sources said the Vikings also are adding tackle Aviante Collins and defensive end Stacy Keely to the practice squad.
Also, a source said that cornerback Craig James, waived Saturday by the Vikings, will have a workout and meet with the Eagles on Monday in Philadelphia.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/01/vikings-to-sign-qb-jake-browning-tackle-aviante-collins-to-practice-squad/

On a side note the Vikings made no claims on waivers...

Current Vikings’ practice squad, via various media members:

QB Jake Browning

OL Aviante Collins

WR Davion Davis

DE Stacy Keely

QB Jake Browning

OL Aviante Collins

WR Davion Davis

DE Stacy Keely

LB Cameron Smith

I'm not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling just yet...

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
I'm not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling just yet...
Move to Colorado or Cali.

its legal there

Vikings Sign 8 Players To Practice Squad
The Vikings have signed the following players to the team's practice squad:
RB Khari Blasingame
QB Jake Browning
T Aviante Collins
DE Stacy Keely
DB Nate Meadors
WR Dillon Mitchell
LB Cameron Smith
LB Devante Downs

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-practice-squad-2019

Vikings fill final practice squad spot with K Chase McLaughlinEarlier today, the Minnesota Vikings filled nine of the ten spots on their practice squad with players that had been with the team throughout Training Camp. They filled the tenth spot with a player they saw a few days ago that fills what is, apparently, the most cursed position in the league.
According to the team, who put the message out on Twitter, the Vikings have added kicker Chase McLaughlin to the practice squad.
McLaughlin played his college ball at Illinois, and signed with the Bills as an undrafted free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft. In his final year with the Fighting Illini, he was the B1G Kicker of the Year and First-Team All-B1G.
McLaughlin was 3-for-3 on field goals this preseason, including a 54-yarder that he connected on in the preseason finale against the Vikings in Buffalo. Given that the Bills already had a well-established kicker in veteran (and former Vikings camp body) Steven Hauschka, McLaughlin was let go and now has a home in Minnesota.
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/1/20844011/minnesota-vikings-final-practice-squad-spot-chase-mclaughlin-buffalo-bills

I like that they were able to hold onto Blasingame,  Collins, and Downs. Mitchell didn't have a great preseason, but he was an intriguing prospect and our depth at WR is thin right now, so it's good to have someone who knows the offense. Even with the offense utilizing more multi-TE looks and Smith being able to line up as a WR, I still think we need to add another WR. At this point they may be waiting until after week 1, so they have more roster flexibility.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
I like that they were able to hold onto Blasingame,  Collins, and Downs. Mitchell didn't have a great preseason, but he was an intriguing prospect and our depth at WR is thin right now, so it's good to have someone who knows the offense. Even with the offense utilizing more multi-TE looks and Smith being able to line up as a WR, I still think we need to add another WR. At this point they may be waiting until after week 1, so they have more roster flexibility.
Cousins old favorite target Pierre Garcon is still a FA IIRC.  and like you say after week 1 his contract wouldnt be guaranteed.