Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings defensive tackle Datone Jones is finding his sweet spot
Since Zimmer and Patterson arrived in Minnesota, the Vikings took Everson Griffen from a rotational pass rusher to a two-time Pro Bowl player. Johnson, a former CFLer who struggled to find a fit in New Orleans, has 14 sacks the past three years. And Danielle Hunter, who slipped to the third round because of raw pass-rushing technique that belied his athleticism, tied for third in the league in sacks a year ago.
Jones is here because he wants to become Patterson’s next success story.
“There’s just so many different things that, before, would have made me a much better player,” Jones said. “I’m just happy I can actually learn from him, because my performance is definitely going to change.”

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-defen...9333463/#1

Unlike our OL coaches, our DL coaches demand excellence...

This guy is talented, hopefully they can get the most out of him. 

I think we are going to have one hell of a rotation on the line and offenses and QBs aren't going to know what to do

Quote: @Canthony said:
I think we are going to have one hell of a rotation on the line and offenses and QBs aren't going to know what to do
DL is the Alpha personnel group of the Vikings. Pretty evident down in TC. They set the spiritual tone for the team too. If anything, DJ will allow us to keep Tom Johnson as a rotational player more than the last 2 years. He's at the point now where he wears down and becomes much less effective. Having him fresher in December for all those road games is going to help

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Canthony said:
DL is the Alpha personnel group of the Vikings. Pretty evident down in TC. They set the spiritual tone for the team too. If anything, DJ will allow us to keep Tom Johnson as a rotational player more than the last 2 years. He's at the point now where he wears down and becomes much less effective. Having him fresher in December for all those road games is going to help

I am getting so excited for the year. I am more interested in watching this defense work more than anything. That dline is going to put on a clinic and I think Zimmer is going to have a lot of fun messing with offenses.

Hey Wetlander, I think you may have a trademark infringement case here! 

“If you don’t bring your back half through quickly, she swings around, and … boom! She’s going to hit you,” Patterson said."

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Unlike our OL coaches, our DL coaches demand excellence...
Have you seen the posters in their room?

Quote: @Movikx said:
Hey Wetlander, I think you may have a trademark infringement case here! 

“If you don’t bring your back half through quickly, she swings around, and … boom! She’s going to hit you,” Patterson said."

[Image: proxy.php?code=4bca900ac9144d91f5a0386d6...dpZg%3D%3D]